What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone know

Cuchullain

Juniors
how Vaealiki's injury is going? Any news?

With a few players in the past having struggled after picking the same injury up, I was wondering how he'd go in ESL.

Utey

Coach
I wouldnt be expecting much if I were you. He will probably lose a lot of speed and agility. But his got a good fend and was always a descent defender. 3 years ago he wouldve been the best thing in ESL but not after his knee reconstruction I doubt he will be the same player he once was for large periods at a time.

Stagger eel

Staff member
just to correct you UTE

Fresh tore his Achilles tendon not do his knee.

same result, he won't be the same as a player! I was absolutely staggered when I heard he signed for a reprted amount 500K AUD a season. I just couldn't believe it.

considering he was a noted speed demon to start with his definetly not going to be one know.

Cuchullain

Juniors
After having Dallas in my team the last few seasons, what with cheek reconstruction's and the like but with him having the top class season he's had recently, i'm prepared for anything.

After all he couldn't be any worse than Dodgy Hodgy, at least you say he can defend!

Stagger eel

Staff member
Cuchullain said:
After having Dallas in my team the last few seasons, what with cheek reconstruction's and the like but with him having the season he's had recently, i'm prepared for anything.

After all he couldn't be any worse than Dodgy Hodgy, at least you say he can defend!

defence! yes uummm!!... David is a good defender but has a tendency not to be positionally sound in defence when playing in the centres, but despite being a natural fullback he's played most of firstgrade as a left centre and did it quite well.

The Colonel

Immortal
Vaealiki is a good defender and provided they play a decent winger outside him the winger can expect plenty of ball. Freshie attracts plenty of would-be tacklers and Matt Petersen last year (2003) especially played well together.

Cuchullain

Juniors
The Colonel said:
Vaealiki is a good defender and provided they play a decent winger outside him the winger can expect plenty of ball. Freshie attracts plenty of would-be tacklers and Matt Petersen last year (2003) especially played well together.

I think they are planning to play Dallas on his wing, Carney tends to make his own chances as demonstrated these last 2 years in the test's and tri-nations.

Dallas had a pretty decent (stand in) centre in young Kevin Brown early in the season and got plenty of ball, Brown got injured and Dallas's tries fell off until late on. Vaealiki (Freshie? wheres the nickname from) sounds like he may do well with him.

The Colonel

Immortal
Cuchullain said:
Vaealiki (Freshie? wheres the nickname from) sounds like he may do well with him.

Freshy/Freshie - depending on how you like to spell it (first way seems more preferable to others) came from when he was younger from my understanding. When he first came to Parramatta they reckoned he looked like he was "fresh off the boat" and the name stuck. I am sure that is right - others here could clarify further.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I think Freshie could make a good back rower if he doesn't get his speed back.

AlexTheEel

Juniors
I was dissapointed when Freshy signed over there but for that sorta money its an offer you can't refuse. I reckon it might take him some games but I think he will get back to some of his best.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Yeah, would've been good if he had stayed adding him to a backline with Grothe and Tahu would have made things better.

Then again is was funny that he didn't get released to Wigan until after Tahu was signed considering their history.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Incidently, Junior Langi who played for Parra last year his nick name is FOB (Fresh of Boat)

Yet another piece of useless information

bartman

Immortal
Freshy will go alright. He has the strength that means he can break defence when in form, and you'll find him capable of setting up a winger for a fair bag of tries.

planeteels

Juniors
i'm so glad the kiwi waste of space has been sent packing!!

i hope you enjoy him!!!

I will enjoy watching him again now, cos he isn't playing for parra and i just couldn't bring myself to laugh at his lameness whilst wearing parra colours.

Latest posts