What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone really"sweat"the tigers?

great win..but can they continue it for next year.And did clubs take them seriously enough during the run home..newcastle towelled them up but i think that clubs took them to lighty and momentum just rolled..but..
can they continue it on into next year.?.i doubt it.
i also think that the cows have had their shot and might fall from grace..to the middle
whos going to be the big movers?

RABK

Referee
:| Wtf?

In their only meeting this year- Tigers 32 defeated Knights 16

Kiwi

First Grade
Holla if ya hear me said:
great win..but can they continue it for next year.And did clubs take them seriously enough during the run home..newcastle towelled them up but i think that clubs took them to lighty and momentum just rolled..but..
can they continue it on into next year.?.i doubt it.
i also think that the cows have had their shot and might fall from grace..to the middle
whos going to be the big movers?

When the buzz from what ever it is you are taking goes away, then you post

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Tigers have bought well, too well. The kids that did the job this year, some of them will be dropped for the likes of Sam Harris and Keith Galloway.

But O'Hara, Payten and Skandalis will provide excellent go foward and Prince/Marshall will continue their magic, they'll be alot more dangerous next year.

Matt23

Staff member
I thought Melbourne also towelled them up in the run in to the finals?

Angry_eel

First Grade
Panthers_God said:
Penrith towled up the Tigers.
And
Penrith will improve next year, so will the knights

who have penrith bought for next year. Theret was even a report that penrith had failed to keep some of its talented juniors.

Bumble

First Grade
ParraDude_Jay said:
Tigers have bought well, too well. The kids that did the job this year, some of them will be dropped for the likes of Sam Harris and Keith Galloway.

Not really, Galloway is a straight swap for the retiring O'Neill and Lolesi comes in for Elford, with Harris taking John Wilson's fringe bench spot.

Panthers_God

Juniors
Angry_eel said:
who have penrith bought for next year.Theret was even a report that penrith had failed to keep some of its talented juniors.

GAINS

Bryan Norrie [Dragons]
Nick Youngquest [Dragons]
Craig Stapleton [Leigh]
David Thompson [Newtown]
Bob Blair [Souths Logan]
Matt Bell [Souths Logan]
Wayne Bond [Redcliffe]
Liam Georgetown [Redcliffe]
Liam Campbell [Wests Colts]
Phillip Lavea [Wests Colts]
Chris Newton [Canterbury Bulls]
Mark O'Halloran [London Broncos]
Nathan Pill [Rockhampton]
Mitchell Smith [Broncos Colts]

LOSSES

Ben Ross [Cronulla]
Ben Pomeroy [Cronulla]
Joe Galuvao [Souths]
Ben Rogers [Souths]
Garret Crossman [Melbourne]
Trent Clayton [Toulouse]
Paul Franze [London Irish RU]

Edwahu

Bench
Tigers had about 13 or 14 players who played every game or close enough. I doubt that will happen again, although the have improved their depth a bit with their signings.

brooksy19

Bench
Forward pack will be bigger and yet still mobile, probabaly the most mobile pack in the comp still.

The halves are teh best combo in the game, IF they stay on the paddock for the majority of the season, we're a shot at teh Top 4 again, if not Minor Premiership.

Balmain_Boy

Bumble said:
Not really, Galloway is a straight swap for the retiring O'Neill and Lolesi comes in for Elford, with Harris taking John Wilson's fringe bench spot.

Actually, that's not 100% accurate.

From all reports, Harris will slide straight into O'neils spot, Lolesi will take Richards' wing position and local junior Dene Collis will play in the centres. Having a player like Lolesi on the wing will allow Benji to defend at wing and hopefully have plenty more kick returns.

Our pack will most likely look like

8. O'hara
9. Farah
10. Skandalis
11. Laffranchi
12. Harris
13. Galea

14. Halatau
15. Payten
16. Fulton/Galloway/Gibbs/Heighington/Bronson Harrison
17. Fulton/Galloway/Gibbs/Heighington/Bronson Harrison

We have a lot more depth than last year and the starting pack is a LOT stronger. O'hara allows Laffranchi to play in his best position whilst still retaining Payten's impact off the bench. Provided the halves and wingers stay healthy we should be able to cover injuries provided they are not ridiculousb like they were last year.

thickos

First Grade
Tigers will be marked next yr, teams will bring their 'A' game when they play them (I still believe they suffered a lack of respect even when they were doing well this year. They should go well again, top 6 certs and good crack at top 4 but if a key man goes down, they'll struggle - just like any team.

Latest posts