What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone upset that we lost Norman?

big bear

Juniors
Wallace should not have had his contract extended.Would have liked norman to have stayed but i agree with the broncs not matching Parras offer.He is not in that pay bracket of players.

Word on Broncos HQ apparently (I don't have an account over there) is that he's having second thoughts and contemplating pulling a Pappali.

Kiwi

First Grade
Word on Broncos HQ apparently (I don't have an account over there) is that he's having second thoughts and contemplating pulling a Pappali.

I'm torn, he hasn't played many great games, he is going well now, but he needs to do it consistently over a long period of time

lockyno1

Post Whore
Yeah, I dunno either. For the sort of money he's demanding, I would expect him to be cutie incarnate. He is not that.

Salary cap is increasing 300K will be your average GOOD first grader. Is 100K extra that much of a big deal. Put it this way that hack Wallace is on how much again...I can tell you I would rather Corey Norman being paid 400K than Wallace.

jakepearce94

Juniors
Yeah, I dunno either. For the sort of money he's demanding, I would expect him to be cutie incarnate. He is not that.
who's cutie? haha
Salary cap is increasing 300K will be your average GOOD first grader. Is 100K extra that much of a big deal. Put it this way that hack Wallace is on how much again...I can tell you I would rather Corey Norman being paid 400K than Wallace.
pretty sure wallace is on $350k, norman is demanding $500k, would much rather wallace if norman wants to play halves. if he is fine with staying at fullback for $500k than i would take him.

Boy

Juniors
i dont know if id want him to reneg on his agreement
i mean i like him at fullback but hes signed a contract and given parra his word
i dont like papalli for doing it and i certainly wouldnt like norman if he did either

who's cutie? haha

pretty sure wallace is on $350k, norman is demanding $500k, would much rather wallace if norman wants to play halves. if he is fine with staying at fullback for $500k than i would take him.

If the Broncos want to retain him?

i dont know if id want him to reneg on his agreement
i mean i like him at fullback but hes signed a contract and given parra his word
i dont like papalli for doing it and i certainly wouldnt like norman if he did either

Same

lockyno1

Post Whore

Firstly he is not demanding 500K- the very top players rarely get 500K, he is asking 400K, which is not that big a deal with the increase in the cap. Basically that is worth 330K under the old cap. That is fine. If that hack is on 350K, Norman is better, so 400K is not that bad.

Leaguefan22

Juniors
Is anyone else not fully sold on Norman at fullback yet? I accept he's looked very good in our back line movements but I still think he needs to prove himself in the traditional areas of being a fullback. He hasn't had to catch many bombs this year and I think that will test him. He also doesn't bring the ball back with much intensity and get the quick play the ball to set up the team's go forward. I'm not saying he can't learn these things but I wouldn't yet say he was a pure fullback.

beads6

First Grade
With who is on the market for us to sign right now I'd much prefer if Norman was staying.

unbreaK

Juniors
Did you guys not watch the Aus vs Nz game on Friday night? Hoffman looked awesome at Fullback.

I'd be moderately pleased with the starting back 7 being this for 2014 ~

1. Hoffman
2. Yow Yeh
3. Hodges
4. Reed
5. Copley
6/7. Wallace / Hunt / Prince

Bretto

Bench
Did you guys not watch the Aus vs Nz game on Friday night? Hoffman looked awesome at Fullback.

I'd be moderately pleased with the starting back 7 being this for 2014 ~

1. Hoffman
2. Yow Yeh
3. Hodges
4. Reed
5. Copley
6/7. Wallace / Hunt / Prince

I thought Glenn and Hoffman both had really good games. Hoffman had that lapse in concentration which cost the Kiwis a try when he wasn't desperate enough for the ball, but, that was counter acted by the try saving hit he put on Inglis in the corner. He also looked reasonably dangerous in attack when chiming into the backline.

Also, I was watching some Youtube clips of Justin Hodges yesterday, and Hoffman featured in a few of them with some nice draw and pass, step and other backline moves. He really seems to be a confidence player. Hopefully he can keep carving it up on the wing and get his confidence back, then we can put him back to Fullback next year when/if Norman leaves.

some11

Referee
Hoffman looked awesome at Fullback.

If by awesome you mean the same things he did at fullback for the Broncos.

His game is perfectly suited to being a winger where he doesn't have to worry about creating for others, only himself.

unbreaK

Juniors
What game were you watching? :crazy:

If by awesome you mean the same things he did at fullback for the Broncos.

His game is perfectly suited to being a winger where he doesn't have to worry about creating for others, only himself.

Agree to disagree, I thought he looked really dangerous every time he got the ball, and we know he's solid under the high ball, it's certainly an option if we can't buy a Fullback for next year.

AceAv

Juniors
Yeh I love him on the wing, but I expect him to earn the FB spot again next year when Griffin & Co. fail to make any big signings to fill that spot.. Copley will most likely take his place....

Latest posts