What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anything official on Goodwin and Ale yet?

Sydney_Raider

Juniors
Is Goodwin going to Panthers only a rumour? I also would of thought that if Ale hates the joint so much, his departure would of been announced straight away. I personally hope they both stay.

Edwahu

Bench
There is no word yet. I would be suprised if Ale stayed, he looked further away from first grade then ever yesterday.

I am hoping Campo stays. Looked very good yesterday and was running it with a bit more gusto then in the past.

Stuart

Juniors
Ale isnt much of a loss, he has been poor all season. He may go on to bigger and better things in the future but that wont be at canberra.

Goodwin would be a loss but not uncoverable. We've got some good kids coming through in flegg who will be pushing for PL soon that should cover his (and Ale's) loss pretty well (Jade Williams, Brent Crisp, Troy O'Sullivan).

Campo had a really good game on the weekend and it would be good to see him hang around for one more season to see if he can begin to fulfil his potential, if he does he will be a very valuable addition to the club.

Brains

Juniors
Campo is going to resign with martinhttp://forums.leagueunlimited.com/images/smilies/eusa_doh.gif
#-o is'nt he?

Stuart

Juniors
They have both been offered contracts, no word as to weather they will re-sign...Martin looks likely to go to england or possible return to the public service...

Timbo

Staff member
We lose Goodwin and it'll bite us on the ass, garunteed.

He's far too good a player to lose.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Not that high on goodwin to be honest, but we need a replacement incase chalk gets injured

girvie

Staff member
On another Rabbitohs forum they are saying Bronx Goodwin has signed with Souths for 3 years.

Apparently he wanted to move back to Sydney.

Timbo

Staff member
Raider_69 said:
Not that high on goodwin to be honest, but we need a replacement incase chalk gets injured

Goodwin should get the nod ahead of Chalk next year for the #1.

aussies1st

Staff member
canberra_raiders2k2 said:
Wasnt Ale switching to Union or was that just a rumour?

Rumour, there was never any reports about it.

From what Furner has been saying Zillman will be our number 1 and with Chalk our backup I can see why Goodwin would want to move.

Timbo

Staff member
I'm guessing that means they've already settled on a Dobson/Carney halves combo.

Raider_69

Post Whore
furner is a dunce if he wants to play zillman outside the halves
he is a fine half, why change that when we dont need too? not like we cant find a place for him in the halves...

Bay56

First Grade
aussies1st said:
Rumour, there was never any reports about it.

From what Furner has been saying Zillman will be our number 1 and with Chalk our backup I can see why Goodwin would want to move.

Furner has obviously been around some other wacko coach for much too long

Macko8

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
furner is a dunce if he wants to play zillman outside the halves
he is a fine half, why change that when we dont need too? not like we cant find a place for him in the halves...

I agree.
I think chalk should be ahead of zillman at fullback. Its pritty obvious Zillman is a classy half with good footwork,putting him at fullback will be wasting his potential IMO. Who knows might move to the number 1 in future.

Chachi

Bench
I think Zillman would make an outstanding fullback ala Darren Lockyer. If Dobson is any good in the 7 I'm happy for Zilly to be playing at the back just to fit both of them and Carney in the starting lineup.

aussies1st

Staff member
All depends where Carney is going to play. From his games this year hes got the kicking and running game. Just not the organisation skills.

Bay56

First Grade
aussies1st said:
All depends where Carney is going to play. From his games this year hes got the kicking and running game. Just not the organisation skills.

I dont think his organisational skills have realy been tested for an extended period in any of the games he has played ... Ellott structures a game plan around Smith/Withers/Woolford handling most of the pill while Carney is used as 2nd receiver.

aussies1st

Staff member
I agree, Smith may as well wear the number 7 jersey cause thats where he plays most of the game.

Latest posts