What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ANZAC Day & Red V Members

ronstevo

Juniors
Hi Everyone.

I have a 6 game membership at Kogarah. Can I confirm whether or not this entitles me to a ticket to the Anzac day clash this year? Or is it just Wollongong members?

I've tried looking for this information on dragons.com.au and on the forum but couldnt find it.

Cheers.

dragondad

First Grade
THe SFS match is out of the Wollongong allocation. You have six games at Kogarah. The other six game membership is five at Wollongong plus the ANZAC Day game.

_snafu_

Immortal
Hi Everyone.

I have a 6 game membership at Kogarah. Can I confirm whether or not this entitles me to a ticket to the Anzac day clash this year? Or is it just Wollongong members?

I've tried looking for this information on dragons.com.au and on the forum but couldnt find it.

Cheers.

I have a 6 game membership at Kogarah only as well.

Look on the back of your Red V card. It should have

WIN Stadium:

WIN Jubilee Oval:

Sydney Football Stadium:

It then has seating and gate details. If the seating and gate details are blank in the "Sydney Football Stadium" part, then you do not have a ticket.

The ANZAC game was an optional extra which you could choose to purchase when purchasing or renewing your membership regardless or whether you purchased a 6 game Kogarah or WIN ticket.

Last edited:

dragondad

First Grade
The ANZAC Day match wasn't an optional extra. It was part of the six game Wollongong season ticket. I am a member of the SFS and didn't want the two extra SFS tickets but was given them anyway - as long as I paid for the six game package. In effect, I have paid twice for the same match.

http://www.dragonscommunity.com/redvmembers/redv2010ticketed/RedV_Membership.pdf

"ANZAC DAY – 2010
[FONT=Helvetica,Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica,Helvetica]This year the traditional Round 7 Dragons v Roosters [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Helvetica,Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica,Helvetica]ANZAC Day clash will be held at the SFS. As it is a
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Helvetica,Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica,Helvetica]Dragons home game, 12 game members will have it
included as part of their membership package.
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Helvetica,Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica,Helvetica]Members that hold a 5 or 6 game package will have the [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Helvetica,Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica,Helvetica]opportunity to purchase tickets to the match at a discounted price with the purchase of their membership.
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Helvetica,Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica,Helvetica]All members attending the ANZAC Day match will be
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Helvetica,Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica,Helvetica]issued with paper tickets for that game only. More details [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Helvetica,Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica,Helvetica]will be released closer to the date. Please find a seating [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Helvetica,Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica,Helvetica]map of the SFS below and match day pricing on page 11."
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Goddo

Bench
Are they letting people in for free this year with medals (gongs)? I hope so.

Acka

Coach
Are they letting people in for free this year with medals (gongs)? I hope so.

I assume so the NSWRL/ARL/NRL have been doing it for years. If there is a game on Anzac Day war veterans get in for free with their medals. Although I've been to 6 ANZAC day games and I've only seen a handful of war veterans in total and that was at last years match.

_snafu_

Immortal
The ANZAC Day match wasn't an optional extra. It was part of the six game Wollongong season ticket. I am a member of the SFS and didn't want the two extra SFS tickets but was given them anyway - as long as I paid for the six game package. In effect, I have paid twice for the same match.

Fair enough. I renewed my membership online and it gave me the option to purchase the ANZAC day game, perhaps because I went for the Kogarah games only.

Do you have a Wollongong season ticket or a 12-game season ticket?

dragondad

First Grade
I have a 12 game membership as does one of my sons. The other son has a 6 game Kogarah package which does not include the SFS match. The 12 game does.

Ah right. That explains why you are wrong here:

The ANZAC Day match wasn't an optional extra. It was part of the six game Wollongong season ticket.

This isn't true. The ANZAC Day match was an optional extra for Wollongong season ticket holders.

The ANZAC Day game was an optional extra for the Kogarah and Wollongong packages but included in the 12 game package.

Goddo

Bench
I assume so the NSWRL/ARL/NRL have been doing it for years. If there is a game on Anzac Day war veterans get in for free with their medals. Although I've been to 6 ANZAC day games and I've only seen a handful of war veterans in total and that was at last years match.

Sweet. I usually rock up with my gongs in my pocket, whip em out to get in, then take them off again inside. It looks wierd wearing medals on a Dragons jersey.

You don't get many old vets doing it, but lots of current service personnel do it.

Acka

Coach
Sweet. I usually rock up with my gongs in my pocket, whip em out to get in, then take them off again inside. It looks wierd wearing medals on a Dragons jersey.

You don't get many old vets doing it, but lots of current service personnel do it.

Goddo:

I hope I'm not stepping on your toes but what did you get your medals for and in what conflict? If you don't want to answer no problems, I understand.

My Dad is a Vietnam vet who will be marching but will probably be watching the game at the pub with his army buddies.

saintania

Juniors

This isn't true. The ANZAC Day match was an optional extra for Wollongong season ticket holders.

The ANZAC Day game was an optional extra for the Kogarah and Wollongong packages but included in the 12 game package.

Ditto. I purchased mine at the reduced rate when buying my Kogarah only season ticket.

Goddo

Bench
Goddo:

I hope I'm not stepping on your toes but what did you get your medals for and in what conflict? If you don't want to answer no problems, I understand.

My Dad is a Vietnam vet who will be marching but will probably be watching the game at the pub with his army buddies.

Recent un-warlike pacific holidays. I am sure you can guess from that.

RedVee

First Grade

that makes sense. My Son and I have 12 game tickets that include Anzac Day. My wife and daughters just have 6 games at WINagong and no SFS on those ticks.

cleary89

Coach
that makes sense. My Son and I have 12 game tickets that include Anzac Day. My wife and daughters just have 6 games at WINagong and no SFS on those ticks.

There is only 5 at WIN, so I would check if you do have 6 games, because that would include the ANZAC day game.

cleary89

Coach
Yeh, just signed up. Got my 6 game pass for Kogarah, but over in the stands.

Was standing in the Red V army for the dogs and broncos games. Well next to it, since I don't know anyone.

snogard6

Juniors
http://www.dragonscommunity.com/redvmembers/redv2010ticketed/RedV_Membership.pdf

"ANZAC DAY – 2010
[FONT=Helvetica,Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica,Helvetica]This year the traditional Round 7 Dragons v Roosters [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Helvetica,Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica,Helvetica]ANZAC Day clash will be held at the SFS. As it is a [/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Helvetica,Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica,Helvetica]Dragons home game, 12 game members will have it [/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica,Helvetica]included as part of their membership package.[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Helvetica,Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica,Helvetica]Members that hold a 5 or 6 game package will have the [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Helvetica,Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica,Helvetica]opportunity to purchase tickets to the match at a discounted price with the purchase of their membership.[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Helvetica,Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica,Helvetica]All members attending the ANZAC Day match will be [/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Helvetica,Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica,Helvetica]issued with paper tickets for that game only. More details [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Helvetica,Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica,Helvetica]will be released closer to the date. Please find a seating [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Helvetica,Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica,Helvetica]map of the SFS below and match day pricing on page 11."[/FONT]
[/FONT]
I have a 12 game season ticket, that has SFS gate K row GA seat GA section GA...on the back..will my card get me into the ground or will i be issued a paper ticket? im confused....:oops:

Latest posts