What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ANZAC Rnd 8

RedVDave

First Grade
Josh Dugan
Kalifa Faifai Loa
Euan Aitken
Tim Lafai
Jason Nightingale
Gareth Widdop ©
Josh McCrone
Leeson Ah Mau
Mitch Rein
Mike Cooper
Tyson Frizell
Joel Thompson
Jack de Belin

Russell Packer
Will Matthews
Dunamis Lui
Siliva Havili

V

Latrell Mitchell
Daniel Tupou
Brendan Elliot
Blake Ferguson
Shaun Kenny-Dowall
Jayden Nikorima
Jackson Hastings
Sam Moa
Jake Friend ©
Dylan Napa
Mitchell Aubusson
Aidan Guerra
Isaac Liu

Kane Evans
Mitchell Frei
Eloni Vunakece
Connor Watson
Abraham Papalii

Read more at http://www.nospam9/round-8-team-lists-2016-21451/#O2WZDxVSCT5AeBOe.99

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Expect there will be one or two changes come game day.

Cutters have a bye this weekend so some of those guys may come into consideration, eg Mann and Matautai
(not sure if Milne is suspended or not).

Dragonscales

Juniors
I'm almost 100% sure Mata'utia will be in for Aitken. He was a standout for the cutters at fullback.

Crossing my fingers for Hargreaves and Cordner to stay out on game day team lists.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I'm almost 100% sure Mata'utia will be in for Aitken. He was a standout for the cutters at fullback.

Crossing my fingers for Hargreaves and Cordner to stay out on game day team lists.

I'm pretty certain that JWH will play, he'll be fired up but rusty and may start to feel the pinch around the 3/4 mark of the game which may work in our favour.

Looking forward to this game, should be a beauty !

Will be very surprised if Aitken plays.Would expect him to be out for 2-4 weeks.

blacksafake

First Grade
That's true but they will only have to play short minutes to lift the rest of their pack...and you will find their bench will consist of mainly forwards
I reckon

Probably so but i think the reduced interchange will play a part in the amount of minutes they play.

Dragsters

First Grade
Anyone actually think Aitkin will play on Monday?

Surely with spate of hammy injuries it would border on negligence to risk him?

Surely it will be Mann or maybe Milne could be a smokey pending his availability.

Either way we have decent cover so why risk him?

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Surely with spate of hammy injuries it would border on negligence to risk him?

Surely it will be Mann or maybe Milne could be a smokey pending his availability.

Either way we have decent cover so why risk him?

Agree Dragsters.........we have to think long term for Aitkin. Another weeks rehab will do him the world of good, particularly facing a trip to NZ. If he plays on Monday and blows it again, he could face 4-6 or longer.

Mann has had 1 game back from injury and confidence maybe still not there for 1st grade. So Milne for mine.

Unless Mary pulls a crazy surprise and puts KFFL in the centres and opts for a winger from the Cutters ie Carr or YKG (both not ready by far and that would be crazy) :crazy:

Mr Red

First Grade
the kid named on the extended bench for the roosters - Abraham Papalii goes alright.
he's a big unit and very mobile... keep an eye on him if he makes the final 17.
i wouldnt mind seeing him in the red V next year, i think he is off contract end of the season.
equally as impressive in the back row as he is in the centres.

I have seen him play 2 or 3 times and i like his potential...

possm

Coach
the kid named on the extended bench for the roosters - Abraham Papalii goes alright.
he's a big unit and very mobile... keep an eye on him if he makes the final 17.
i wouldnt mind seeing him in the red V next year, i think he is off contract end of the season.
equally as impressive in the back row as he is in the centres.

I have seen him play 2 or 3 times and i like his potential...

Use PM salary saving to get this kid before June 30

thebigredv

First Grade

Well you can bet your bottom dollar it won't be Mata'uita in for Aitken now.

Any word on Cordner and Hargreaves. We could really do with them not playing!

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Well you can bet your bottom dollar it won't be Mata'uita in for Aitken now.

Any word on Cordner and Hargreaves. We could really do with them not playing!

I'm sure 1 will play probably JWH. Actually won't mind if he does, by the 60th minute he'll be sucking them in big time, then, hopefully, our speed guys could go round him easily. I'm more concerned about Ferguson having a blinder...SOO just around the corner as well as a test match.

thebigredv

First Grade
I'm sure 1 will play probably JWH. Actually won't mind if he does, by the 60th minute he'll be sucking them in big time, then, hopefully, our speed guys could go round him easily. I'm more concerned about Ferguson having a blinder...SOO just around the corner as well as a test match.

Who are our speed men again?

Just reading I notice Cordner is a good chance of playing but JWH won't. That's if you believe the papers. True, it might work against them anyway. I agree. I watched their game vs the Panthers and there was a lot to like about how they attacked, Mitchell, Ferguson, SKD and Tupou and then their young halves...

I don;t see how tackling alone will win us this match.

Latest posts