What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anzac Test at Eden Park

stevenb

Juniors
Looks like we have the Anazc Test being played at Eden Park this year Fri 20th April @8pm

Attachments

• 339251_10151120809590058_10150100029525058_22014354_1551415965_o.jpg
    339251_10151120809590058_10150100029525058_22014354_1551415965_o.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 28

devoid

Juniors
My excitement is tempered by memory of the previous test there, and the crappy 2011/4Nations performances.

ozbash

Referee
oh no, more rioting, bottle throwing and general anti-union behavior.

I hope they (us) rip the dump to bits then the games will be played at a league ground !

FO EP.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
That absolutely sucks !!!

We were meant to have that test here in Christchurch last year, for obvious reasons it couldn't go ahead, but the plan was always to have it back here this year, at the new park that is being built

Feel a bit dudded by it

IanG

Coach

We were meant to have that test here in Christchurch last year, for obvious reasons it couldn't go ahead, but the plan was always to have it back here this year, at the new park that is being built

Feel a bit dudded by it

There's suppose to be another test after the Grand Final again. You never know. Cuz I dare say Lancaster Park is still out of comission.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
There's suppose to be another test after the Grand Final again. You never know. Cuz I dare say Lancaster Park is still out of comission.

From the rumours the park is poked, will be a long long time if it sees action again, if ever

They are upgrading the old Rugby League Park here into a temporary sort of stadium holding 25,000, is where the Crusaders will be playing, and when it was mooted, there was talk of this test being there too. Would be nice to get something here

shiznit

Coach
From the rumours the park is poked, will be a long long time if it sees action again, if ever

They are upgrading the old Rugby League Park here into a temporary sort of stadium holding 25,000, is where the Crusaders will be playing, and when it was mooted, there was talk of this test being there too. Would be nice to get something here
apparently there's some massive doubts over the temp stadium being done...

IanG

Coach
oh no, more rioting, bottle throwing and general anti-union behavior.

I hope they (us) rip the dump to bits then the games will be played at a league ground !

FO EP.

So you'd be happy to have League tests banished back to Mt Smart?

Warrior@Heart

Juniors
Warriors at Eden Park I don't mind but Kiwis games at Eden Park don't really do it for me. All Blacks belt people in front of a packed Eden Park it's pretty much their spiritual home ground. Kiwis will be lucky to field a full strength team and even if they do there's no guarantee they'll show up guns blazing plus I don't think it will even sell out. I'd rather they host it at a smaller ground (preferably rectangular) where they could have a chance of packing it out and the atmosphere would translate on screen. Forsyth Barr would've been my first choice, North Harbour Stadium second.

North Harbour is the most underrated Stadium in NZ i like it
And we have beaten the Aussies there before
I remember when Lockyer had is most shocking international at this stadium, we should use this more

hitman82

Bench
I'd rather this be played at NHS to be honest. But commercially I can see why they chose Eden Park.

Micistm

Bench

Feel a bit dudded by it

Yep, last year when the test was cancelled we were given the option of a refund or keeping the tickets etc for the following year, as the game was definately here the next year.
I can understand why...but it's disappointing. Christchurch needs something to boost morale.
****ing Foo Fighters should get their arses here for a start. Bloody concert, for Chch, in Auckland. Good of them to raise coin, but get down here guys!!!!

Why not the new Dunedin Stadium for the ANZAC test? Great venue, and give us southerners some stuff for a change. Would've been a sell out, footy fans would've gone there from all over the SI

stevenb

Juniors
League's ANZAC test to be held at Eden Park
By: Nick Walker | Latest Rugby League News | Sunday January 15 2012 8:23

Rugby League's ANZAC test will be held at Eden Park on April 20th this year.

It's the first time a league test will be held there since the Kiwis test against the Kangaroos in 2010, where crowd behaviour was a major problem.

New Zealand Rugby League CEO Jim Doyle isn't expecting to have the same issues this time around.

He says security's improved a lot since then, and they will implement the lessons they learnt from that test.

Doyle's expecting a crowd of up to forty thousand people.

Newstalkzb