What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ANZAC Test - Suncorp

oikee

Juniors
A great American saying.
Only two things in life are guaranteed,,,, death and taxes.

In rugby league the same is true, only two things are guaranteed, a fullhouse at Suncorp and league fans turning up in Brisbane.
The same cant be said of Sydney or Auckland.
You cant have a 100 year anniversary jeopardised by begging fans to attend.
That's a given in Brisbane, and is why we are the true heartland.

Abicus

Juniors
I have no reason to doubt Ozbash, but has there been a announcement? You have inside word? Game being played at Suncorp is mighty disappointing.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
More than anything else, i just love that they feel this game is worth bidding for...

Having said that, i do agree that this should have been placed in NZ. In the same way that Origin is an event staged mostly for Queensland, this should be an even staged for Kiwis. It doesnt necessarily need to be played in NZ every year, but >50% should be minimum.

On a side note: i think every ANZAC clash (and only the ANZAC clashes) should be played in the 2008 Centenary jerseys; saving that little piece of RL history (those were the national jerseys during the First World War) and keeping the green and gold jersey for the post-season only.

412791-australia-v-nz-through-the-years.jpg

_44642300_williams270ap.jpg

Last edited:

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Seems to make sense to me? 45-50k stadium that will most likely sell out - if not go close - in a part of the world where there are shiteloads of Kiwis living, and its a magnificent stadium to boot.

It's laughable that Sydney think they're the home of the game. Put it at the Olympic Stadium and you'll get 20k max. Hell, they got 16k for a finals match involving the reigning premier and a side with the world's best player in it.

Plus we have won there a lot, World Cup 2008, Four Nations final 2010 and round robin game Four Nations 2014.
When was our last loss there?

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Plus we have won there a lot, World Cup 2008, Four Nations final 2010 and round robin game Four Nations 2014.
When was our last loss there?

Exactly right, I meant to say that in my post too.

Oz, the number of Kiwi fans at Suncorp wouldn't be a million miles away from the amount at say Mt Smart, would it? Or Westpac, whichever one you want to choose.

vvvrulz

Coach
Chris Rattue went nuts about it in the Herald, but its a bit of a storm in a teacup imo

ozbash

Referee
after smashing them twice in 4nations,, I'd say interest would help fill any stadium here..

when was the last home ANZAC advantage ?

ozbash

Referee
Exactly right, I meant to say that in my post too.

Oz, the number of Kiwi fans at Suncorp wouldn't be a million miles away from the amount at say Mt Smart, would it? Or Westpac, whichever one you want to choose.

agree re number of kiwis in attendance, but its not in our backyard, its in theirs,,, again.

Just makes the next win even more sweeter. We are tough enough to handle the BS handed down to us each year from the powers that be. When we win scream "F*ck Yesssss!!"

agree re number of kiwis in attendance, but its not in our backyard, its in theirs,,, again.

How many of the Kiwi players live in Aussie?
Did we sell out the Four Nations final?
Suncorp feels home crowd the last few games I have watched, even for Warriors, especially when close or leading the game.

Only the promo stuff, players meet and greet fans, signings etc in NZ is the let down.

dazza

Staff member

jump on a plane & come over mate. you know you got a place to stay here with us. be great to see you & ali again.

Latest posts