What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

APL Poker

Over 1,000,000 people australia wide.

If you want to learn the basics and have some fun go for it, but you wont learn to be a decent players at these games.

CJG 182

Juniors
Some of the worst players ever at APL games.

Gives you a head ache trying to comprehend what they could be thinking as they perform one monumental f up after another.

griffo346

First Grade
I used to play in the APL

now i run UPT (Ultimate Poker Tour) and its a far better game to play also

griffo346

First Grade
CJG 182 mate i dont know what level of poker you have played but IMO ive played a few leagues and UPT is the best one i played with until i became a TD and i love it

cleary89

Coach
Mate its that terrible. I would shove all in with say 4k UTG at 400/800, and they would call me a monkey because I just want to play bingo. I use to go on a monday night because no fox.

Its f**king terrible. But then again, all pub poker is. You could grind out some decent money playing the $20 buy ins or what ever most nights. But just so fkn boring playing 15 hands an hour and having to listen to jim talk about his bad beat on the weekend (omg, can you believe the guy called my all in with 4's?).

The best bit is, you go back to where you were playing 4 years ago and its all the same people, telling all the same stories. Fair enough they like it as their social night out, but don't go if you want to play some poker.

You are :p

Nah NPL is the best in the area I live, Qbn / ACT. That is because the director in that area is, I believe, the best in the NPL organisation. I have though had experiences with other NPL regions in Sydney / coast and their setups are less than desired...

griffo346

First Grade
i agree with you mate it all comes down to the TD and how they interact with their players

Mate i work for Ultimate Poker Tour

However have played with APL, NPL if i was to chose who to play for out of NPl or APL it would be APL in my area

Flapper

First Grade
NPL is sh*t in Penrith and dodgy as hell. APL isn't exactly great, but at least it's on the level. 888 poker is the best in the area easy.

Flapper

First Grade
flapper have you played Ultimate Poker Tour? theres plenty of these games in your area

Yeah they have a cracking $12 game at the Rowing Club on Saturday afternoon, if it wasn't on a Saturday Afternoon I'd play it every week. But it's a great standard and no f**kwits. Good stuff.

Latest posts