What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are Cadbury's "Favourites".....

Lambretta

First Grade
the most poorly named product ever?

OK, if there's a squirty soap called wank juice I will agree that would be slightly worse. But Cadbury's "favourites" really shits me as a brand name

Right, tell me one f**king person whose favourite f**king chocolate is Turkish Delight? Maybe in 1943 when rationing meant you couldn't buy any chocolate, someone would have liked it. But it's putrid f**king rubbish and about as tasty as wallpaper paste.

Cherry ripe? That's just so some kids can say "yeah mum, I am eating fruit.... look". It's f**king garbage.

99% of all boxes of "Favourites" sold contain 50% of these two revolting concoctions and they're all that's left in the box 5 minutes after it's been opened. They're still there a month later. Utter gash.

But that's not the end of the rant. Minty bubbly chocolate. OK, so it's slightly more palatable than Cherry Ripe, but when was the last time you or anyone with taste buds thought "yep, I fancy mint chocolate instead of say some maltesers or a piece of dairy milk?

As for the Moro (which I adore) - how can this be a "favourite"? It was released as a "favourite" before it had ever been released as a full bar of chocolate. How can your favourite be something that doesn't exist other than as a different brand, say as a Mars bar? OK, so now they have released Moro's as full chocolate bars and yes I do buy them and love them, but they should have been an established brand before they were ever in a box called "favourites"

Is this the worst brand name ever or is there some other shite something that pisses you off more?

If there was a "LU favourites" thread this would qualify.

But only by the same principle it is based on.

And to answer the question about are there marketing efforts that are more objectionable, the answer is only about a million.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Cherry Ripe, Caramello and Turkish Delight are my favourites. Flake, Chockitos and Aero Bars go OK as well.

Anything with nuts in it are the pits. Fruit and Nut chocolate tastes like the packaged fruit that shit your mum used to buy to make puddings and fruit cakes. *vomit*

Mars Bars are quite ordinary.

Generalzod

Immortal
Go to a Greek deli or to Turkish sweet/kebab shops to get the best Turkish delight. I love them great with a strong coffee

OVP

Coach
Go to a Greek deli or to Turkish sweet/kebab shops to get the best Turkish delight. I love them great with a strong coffee

This. I love real Turkish Delight. The Cadbury's version is a pale imitation. Mind you, its better than boring Mars or Snickers bars.

Don't buy Cadbury because it helps fund terrorism. Pretty sad to see you all buy halal certified brands. May as well call yourselves terrorists as well

bileduct

Coach
Do Cadbury Favourites use a different type of chocolate than the regular stuff? Some of them, Flake in particular, taste terrible.

The mint thing is foul. They need to f**k that off and bring the TimeOut bar back.

Latest posts