What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are EA, Konami and Acclaim jelous????

Priddo

Juniors
Konami would of done good if they were to make it...they have some alright games.

microforte...stop bad mouthing them...they had less time then sidhe had to make that demo...im sure they could of done ok...who knows might of been better or as good as sidhe for all we know...but im still happy sidhe and hes have gone this way its working out alright from what i've seen.

Paullyboy

Coach
Whoever said there wont be another EA cricket game was lying, Cricket 2004 is due out for release quite soon.

As for the 'rugby' issue, in Australia no one refers to rugby league as 'rugby', that is the name given to rugby union. By naming a RL game 'rugby' means that you are going to lose a lot of people in Australia who see the cover and automatically turn away in disgust.

Razor

Coach
Paullyboy said:
As for the 'rugby' issue, in Australia no one refers to rugby league as 'rugby', that is the name given to rugby union. By naming a RL game 'rugby' means that you are going to lose a lot of people in Australia who see the cover and automatically turn away in disgust.

Call it Rugby for release in places like New Zealand, Europe (outside England), and other countries.

tHe_MaC

Juniors
No one in NZ calls League Rugby either.
It's either Rugby League or just League.

That's the whay it has always been over here and it the way it should stay.

KimmorleyKiller

Juniors
yer i dont think microforte would have done as badly as rugby2004 (probly no where near as good as sidhe though) but since they had only been working on the game a few months it wasnt looking any worse than the rugbyleague demo was AND u must include the fact that they also were going 2 include multiple tackles, im sure if sidhe started production first and then microforte took over and made a kick arse game ppl would also be sayin "geez im glad sidhe didnt make the game look at those early scrrenshots"

BTW screws yas all im posting a screenie :D :D :D

oldshot10.jpg

Goleel

Juniors
I wouldn't give Microforte any credit, they couldn't have been capable of doing a decent job of the game if development got taken from them and given to Sidhe. Are those screenshots of the old game even real? From what I've gathered they're just developed in a 3D modelling program or something like that.

I'd confidently say that HB Studios did a better job with Rugby 2004 than Microforte would have done with league, at least they've got one release before that under their belts, even if it was Cricket 2002 (not a good game, but at least its playable).

AxeJuggler

Juniors
i have to say that i think that microforte screenshot looks pretty cool if its realm did they make a demo, if they did where cud i get it from?

ripper

shirkhan said:
i think all those companies will be jealous especially ea auzzie and ea nz

SIDHE have nothing on EA, they still produce high quality games when they actually feel like it:

Tiger Woods 2004

NFL Madden 2004 - BEST GAME EVER

ripper

Razor said:
Paullyboy said:

Call it Rugby for release in places like New Zealand, Europe (outside England), and other countries.

How f**kin slow are you?? :lol:

Rugby Union is known as Rugby in England and NZ, in NZ rugby union is a religion. Union has a higer percentage market in England then League (Which owns the north and gets pawned whenever it tries to venture south)

Razor

Coach
ripper73 said:
Union has a higer percentage market in England then League (Which owns the north and gets pawned whenever it tries to venture south)

Exactly.

Read what I write.

Call the game Rugby in the areas where Union is more popular so some Union fans see a game called Rugby ???? and buy it.

Razor

Coach
ripper73 said:
And SIDHE get pawned for false advertising...

How is it false advertising?

The official name of Rugby Union is Rugby Union
The official name of Rugby League is Rugby League

If EA cut the Union off the name to sell games, why can't Sidhe? It's nothing to do with what's more popular or anything.

HBG

Juniors
Razor said:
ripper73 said:
And SIDHE get pawned for false advertising...

How is it false advertising?

The official name of Rugby Union is Rugby Union
The official name of Rugby League is Rugby League

If EA cut the Union off the name to sell games, why can't Sidhe? It's nothing to do with what's more popular or anything.

It will be obvious. Anyone who buys the incorrect game can't count to 6. :lol:

Priddo

Juniors
Goleel said:
I wouldn't give Microforte any credit, they couldn't have been capable of doing a decent job of the game if development got taken from them and given to Sidhe. Are those screenshots of the old game even real? From what I've gathered they're just developed in a 3D modelling program or something like that.

I'd confidently say that HB Studios did a better job with Rugby 2004 than Microforte would have done with league, at least they've got one release before that under their belts, even if it was Cricket 2002 (not a good game, but at least its playable).

im not trying to bad mouth sidhe here but i think microforte could weel have done a better or equal job....to my understanding they had a month to make what they had made and i think it looked awesome for the time they had all they needed to do was make the jerseys alil better and add in the stadiums and it was probly as good as sidhes demo was and that wouldn't have taken 2 more months....microforte forever!!!!! :lol:

For those of us not keen on getting up at 5am and have paytv, fox sports 1 will have a full replay of the 2nd test at 11am.

KimmorleyKiller

Juniors
parra-matters said:
For those of us not keen on getting up at 5am and have paytv, fox sports 1 will have a full replay of the 2nd test at 11am.

nah........5 am was good.... :lol: :lol: :lol: morley,morley,morley will he ever learn??

Anonymous

Juniors
Konami have nothing to be ashamed of. You can't front on the ISS Pro or PES games, they are the best sports games ever. If RL/Stacey Jones is half as good as the PES games, it will be great.