What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are Manly the only team?

RainMan

Juniors
Ice777 said:
I hope it won't change until round 26. We'll give Ox that money hungry little grub a homecoming he'll never forget :clap:

He was offered more by Melbourne to stay...

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Rainman, are you suggesting Matt Orford would rather live in a sunny, beach paradise rather than than the pits of hell?

Notice how the same attitude isn't present for Steve Bell too???

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Manly? Sunny beach paradise? Yeah, for about 10m of sand... the rest? :lol:

Ice777

Bench
RainMan said:
He was offered more by Melbourne to stay...

That's utter bullsh*t. We never had the money that Manly were offering. It's no coincidence that a few people called for the NRL to look into Manly's salary cap considering how much they were offering Orford.

Ice777

Bench
Sea_Eagles_Rock said:
Notice how the same attitude isn't present for Steve Bell too???

There's a reason for that tool and one that pretty much every Melbourne fan agrees on and understands why Steve Bell left. He was 29 (now 30) and signed a multi year contract that will more than likely be his last and again we just couldn't match the deal Manly were offering.

You can't begrudge a bloke for wanting the best possible contract for his last that will help set up his family and future just as it's the same reason why other players go OS to finish their careers. I was spewing we lost him but as everyone else was because he was one of our most popular players and a great bloke as well. He's picked up where he left off at Melbourne and you won't find one Storm supporter that will bag him.

As for Orford, he was in his mid 20's or so, far from his last contract, left the club that gave him a lifeline after the Northern Eagles shafted him for Kimmorley, moulded him into the player he is and then just pissed off back purely for the money. To mention the two situations of him and Bell in the same breath is not only laughable, but it's also an insult to Steven Bell.

I can't wait to see Steve Bell back on Olympic park and i'll bet my life he won't recieve one boo from the crowd. Orford on the other hand will cop plenty and i can't wait. If we were lucky enough to win the GF and i saw the two of them after the game, i'd go up to Bell, shake his hand and say i wish you could've been a part of it. Then i'd look at Orford, laugh in his face and say stick that up your arse you money hungry little grub :lol:

That's why the same attitude isn't present for Bell. I can't believe i even had to explain it in the first place :roll:

Ice777

Bench
willvillain said:
And what did they find Ice?

I was never implying that they'd find anything nor did i mean they went over it. My whole point was that another poster said that the Storm offered him more money than Manly an that's just plain bullsh*t because we never had it. The fact that Manly were even looked into straight after the extraordinary offer they made to him says it all really as they couldn't believe that they had that much room in the cap.

RainMan

Juniors
Ice777 said:
That's utter bullsh*t. We never had the money that Manly were offering. It's no coincidence that a few people called for the NRL to look into Manly's salary cap considering how much they were offering Orford.

No its not. Waldron and Souths Shane Richardson both blew up and complained to the NRL because there offers were higher than Manly's. They both couldn't believe that Orford would sign for less money than they were offering.

MSIH

Bench
Ice777 said:
There's a reason for that tool and one that pretty much every Melbourne fan agrees on and understands why Steve Bell left. He was 29 (now 30) and signed a multi year contract that will more than likely be his last and again we just couldn't match the deal Manly were offering.

You can't begrudge a bloke for wanting the best possible contract for his last that will help set up his family and future just as it's the same reason why other players go OS to finish their careers. I was spewing we lost him but as everyone else was because he was one of our most popular players and a great bloke as well. He's picked up where he left off at Melbourne and you won't find one Storm supporter that will bag him.

As for Orford, he was in his mid 20's or so, far from his last contract, left the club that gave him a lifeline after the Northern Eagles shafted him for Kimmorley, moulded him into the player he is and then just pissed off back purely for the money. To mention the two situations of him and Bell in the same breath is not only laughable, but it's also an insult to Steven Bell.

I can't wait to see Steve Bell back on Olympic park and i'll bet my life he won't recieve one boo from the crowd. Orford on the other hand will cop plenty and i can't wait. If we were lucky enough to win the GF and i saw the two of them after the game, i'd go up to Bell, shake his hand and say i wish you could've been a part of it. Then i'd look at Orford, laugh in his face and say stick that up your arse you money hungry little grub :lol:

That's why the same attitude isn't present for Bell. I can't believe i even had to explain it in the first place :roll:

I can't believe you wasted so long writing that sh*t.

greenhat

Juniors
The raiders have beaten the dogs, the broncos, saints and manly
they lost once to brisbane by 2 points
They lost to melbourne (by 10, the biggest loss against any of these teams) but were still solid and comprehensively won the 2nd half, and will get another chance in 2 weeks

Thats a better record than most of those teams have against each other, and its spread out over the entire season - no highs, no slumps

Raiders are total crap sometimes, but rarely against the top teams
underrate them if you want, im hoping the players and coaches from your teams do too

t-ba

Post Whore
You threw Orford a 'lifeline' lol...The Kid was the third hottest halfback in the market in 2000 behind two blokes called Johns and Kimmorley FFS!

adamkungl

Immortal
Orford's about as consistent as Finch, if I were a Storm fan I'd take Cronk any day, he gets better every game.

Ice777

Bench
adamkungl said:
Orford's about as consistent as Finch, if I were a Storm fan I'd take Cronk any day, he gets better every game.

You're right, it turned out to be a blessing in disguise almost a year on. All i can say is that i'm glad Orford will be wearing the colours of Manly and not the Storm this in this final series because a bigger individual choker in big games i've never seen.

That aint sour grapes either, anyone who's seen him play finals knows how true it is. Coop will do a far better job come finals time than Ox. How do i know that? Because even i'd do a better job than Ox i i haven't even played the game :lol:

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
"If we were lucky enough to win the GF and i saw the two of them after the game, i'd go up to Bell, shake his hand and say i wish you could've been a part of it. Then i'd look at Orford, laugh in his face and say stick that up your arse you money hungry little grub"

--------------------------------------------------
LMAO Hypocrite! You realy have no class at all. You do realise that Orford came from Gosford. Were you calling him a money hungry grub when you bought him originally.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Ever heard of the quote function? :roll: Wanker.

Point still remains, you can wank on about your victories but they mean nothing if you can't back it up in Rounds 25 and 26.

MSIH

Bench
Ice777 said:
Nobody asked you to read it knob :lol:

That's not the point. The point is, why would you waste so much time writing that rubbish? No logic in it at all.

Also, knob and :lol: reeks of lameness. Quit being a gimp.

Lancelot Link

Juniors
I was at the Dogs v Manly game @ telstra earlier this year...And we handed in probably our worst performance of the year against the Eagles that day. Were never in the hunt at any stage... :(

Fortunately that was a LONG time ago now!! ;-)

mattyg

Bench
Lancelot Link said:
I was at the Dogs v Manly game @ telstra earlier this year...And we handed in probably our worst performance of the year against the Eagles that day. Were never in the hunt at any stage... :(

Fortunately that was a LONG time ago now!! ;)

oh we gifted Manly 4 tries that day. FOUR. There was one where Utai effed up in goals, the shocking pass from Corey at dummy half that went behind Holdsworth who passed it to Kennedy...El Masri forgetting to ground one in the ingoal area...and im pretty sure Utai f'd up another one as well from memory. Worst day of the year for me so far. My brother still brags about that day :x

Latest posts