What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

are melbourne players really really stupid?

taxidriver

Coach
what other logical reason could there be for them and their supporters to claim innocence?

wouldn't any innocent person with half a brain question

* cash payments
* vouchers for tens of thousands of dollars
* large value consumer good
* multiple contracts

as part of their standard remuneration package?

seriously, someone let me know what other reason there could be?

Last edited:

beads6

First Grade
I can't for one second believe they didn't know. Cameron Smith has been on TV shooting his mouth off. Complete FTARDS IMO.

BackhanderBilly

Juniors
what other logical reason could there be for them and their supporters to claim innocence?

* cash payments
* multiple contracts

You are so paranoid mate. I am getting into work at 6 thirty tomorrow because I reckon I might get a get boat worth 30 grand. It is common practice in Australia!

squiddy

Juniors
I would say those things are called "Perks"..
Id imagine that most to possibly all of the stars in the NRL get them..

Gallen doesnt seem to knock stuff back.. as he says here..
and Farah sounds like he has soem perks of his own too.

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=1044881

Mate you're a merkin - quote properly if you're going to quote

Gallen "doesn't seem to knock stuff back " at all he doesn't say anything like that.

he says " I would have found it hard to knock back and I think a lot of people would have too "

BIG DIFFERENCE

If someone offered me a boat or a 20K gift voucher or a car for my wife I would find it hard to knock back too - DOES NOT mean I would take it though .

I'd find it very hard to knock back actually - exceptionally hard but I WOULD knock it back because I knew it was wrong .

I would alos knock it back if I knew it wasn't on my conditions of employment too because that would send alarm bells ringing - well it would to most people anyway

Mark Rudd

Juniors
So squiddy? Would you take the boat or wouldn't you?

After all, the boat is the key to all of this isnt it.

little_aza

Juniors
Just because Gallen, Farah and Hayne said they'd find it hard to knock back, doesn't mean they actually do it - it's merely an opinion.

Last edited:

squiddy

Juniors
So squiddy? Would you take the boat or wouldn't you?

Can you read ?

from my post " I'd find it very hard to knock back actually - exceptionally hard but I WOULD knock it back because I knew it was wrong ."

and my employment is not governed ( neither rightly or wrongly ) by a salary cap however i would lose my job for accepting outside gifts - these guys knew they were cheating c'mon mate - they signed 2 sets of contracts for farks sake , HELLO ????

I must admit your loyalty is admirable

BackhanderBilly

Juniors

* cash payments
* multiple contracts

It requires a really stupid fan base! It is all beer and skittles from there.

little_aza

Juniors
Sorry taxidriver, I edited my post once I realised I put it in the wrong thread! :oops: But, what you quoted still applies as my opinion for this one too.

STG-Dragon

Juniors
They are stupid but they just think everyone else is even more stupid and will believe them!

Last edited:

Latest posts