What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are mormons the hottest property on the market?

BIKER_DRAGON

Juniors
When Mormons come knocking on my door. I just give them a history lesson on how the founders of their church claimed the Utah valley in the USA by murdering all the other settlers in that area at the time.

Another great church founded on genocide

BIKER_DRAGON

Juniors
I got two of the lads to carry my bags home from shopping one day. Bless 'em!! Little did they know one bag contained a certain item that would have made them evil sinners for being in the mere presence of it!

I like to think I corrupted them in some small way. :lol:

One can only guess what was in that bag:-$...the mods are listening:lol:

StormChaser

First Grade
I'm currently reading a book called 'Leaving The Saints' by Martha Beck, and her father was one of the most respected Mormon academics, he also raped her repeatedly between the ages of 3-5. The book reveals a lot of inside information about the Mormon faith and blows the lid totally on this religion (or sect as I like to think it). I find it hard to reconcile the likes of Izzy and other Mormon footballers with the things I've learned.

Swiftstylez

Bench
About playing on Sundays..

I think Krisnan Inu said that it is helping promote Mormonism by being a famous Rugby League player, so it is okay. I think they still manage to sneak in some kind of Mormon session even when they are playing away from home on the day.

Loudstrat

Coach
I'm currently reading a book called 'Leaving The Saints' by Martha Beck, and her father was one of the most respected Mormon academics, he also raped her repeatedly between the ages of 3-5. The book reveals a lot of inside information about the Mormon faith and blows the lid totally on this religion (or sect as I like to think it). I find it hard to reconcile the likes of Izzy and other Mormon footballers with the things I've learned.

Is that the religions fault, or his?

duck_dodgers

Juniors
gee this thread is drifting away from the topic of Rugby League ...

it's funny because it's discussing a religion based on a fairytale made up in 1827 .

melbourne_belle

Juniors
About playing on Sundays..

I think Krisnan Inu said that it is helping promote Mormonism by being a famous Rugby League player, so it is okay. I think they still manage to sneak in some kind of Mormon session even when they are playing away from home on the day.

They are allowed to play on Sundays as it is there job and means of living.

sherrinator

Juniors
jews are hot property i hear at the moment. they already have big guns at a young age and they are pretty good at subduing players like el masri

redvscotty

First Grade
Read the book and see how widespread the incidence is of sexual abuse and domestic violence amongst the Mormon community.

Regardless of how many times it occurs, it is still in the minds of the people who do this sort of sh*t, not the religions. If that was the case then all catholics would hate twinkies, because the pope does.

Now I know there are probably a lot of catholics that do hate them, but as sure as my nuts are big, there are catholics that don't.

sherrinator

Juniors
Regardless of how many times it occurs, it is still in the minds of the people who do this sort of sh*t, not the religions. If that was the case then all catholics would hate twinkies, because the pope does.

Now I know there are probably a lot of catholics that do hate them, but as sure as my nuts are big, there are catholics that don't.

The NRL should allow the clubs a free get-out clause for all religious players.

BrisVegas

Juniors
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/sport/nrl/story/0,26746,24870200-5003409,00.html

Israel Folau new face of rugby league

Peter Badel | January 03, 2009 11:00pm

THREE years ago, Israel Folau was an unknown teenager playing touch footy in the Marsden State High playground.

Now Folau is officially an NRL superstar after signing a lucrative deal with adidas.

At just 19 years old, Folau will replace Mark Gasnier as the sportswear giant's face of rugby league.

The Queensland sensation launches his career at the Broncos today, hailed as one of the most important signings in the club's history.

But Folau is no longer just the footballing teen renowned for steamrolling rivals 10 years his senior. He is now a corporate golden child; a once-in-a-generation whiz-kid who stands to make millions on the back of multi-national companies realising the power of his talent and the value of his clean-living Mormon lifestyle.

Welcome to Israel Inc.

From next month, Folau's face will be splashed across bus shelters and billboards in Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney as part of an adidas marketing blitz. He will wear a specially tailored boot this year, and recently completed filming for a television ad after signing a two-year deal with Powerade.

Fame is paying sweet dividends. Last month Folau moved into a large home in the south of Brisbane, big enough to accommodate parents Eni and Amelia and his five siblings.

But in his first interview since officially linking with the Broncos, Folau says he is determined his on-field performances will not be hindered by off-field hype.

FOLAU admits he is blown away by his corporate appeal but says money and fame won't change the boy reared in the blue-collar southwestern Sydney suburb of Campbelltown.

"I never thought as a kid I'd be famous and filming TV ads," said Folau, who leaves for Coffs Harbour today for a pre-season Broncos camp.

"I'm really lucky to be attracting sponsors and the money from football has helped my life, it's helped my family, but it won't change who I am.

"I want to stay level-headed. I don't want to become cocky or arrogant. My parents have taught me to be humble with the things I've achieved. I'm a shy person. To be honest, I don't like going out too much in public.

"Things have happened so quick for me – I was at school a couple of years ago – and sometimes I have to pinch myself at what's happened. But my family and friends keep my feet on the ground."

FOLAU, the youngest player to represent Australia, is expected to deliver from day one at Red Hill. But the 105kg giant is relishing the prospect of forming a centre partnership with Justin Hodges.

"I'm not worried about the expectation," he says. "I know I'm the big signing for Brisbane. I'm not thinking about it too much otherwise there'd be a lot of weight on my shoulders to live up to the expectation. I know it's a big year for me. It's important I don't slacken off and that I keep doing the little things to reach the big goals."

HAVING signed a four-year deal, Folau plans to become a Bronco for life and warns NRL rivals that he can get better.

"I don't feel I've played my best footy. There's areas in attack and defence I need to work on," he said.

"I've been in the NRL for two years but I'm still hungry for more.

"Even though I've won a comp and played Origin and for Australia, it doesn't mean I'm not hungry. I've got a lot to prove at the Broncos so I don't want to let them down. I want to try and finish my career in Brisbane."

THE Broncos were buffeted by claims a drinking culture had penetrated the club last season, but Folau says he has no interest in booze.

"I don't ever want to go near alcohol," he said. "I've achieved so much in the last few years without alcohol so I want to continue that way. It can be tough in the footy environment. A lot of the boys have a drink now and then but I can say no to it. None of my family drinks or smokes, which helps."

FOLAU dropped a bombshell last year by revealing he might prematurely quit the NRL to embark on a two-year religious mission. But, in a major boost for the Broncos, Folau says he is committed to the club.

"It's still an option for me but I think it is later on. I won't be going anytime soon," he said. "Hopefully, the way I play my football, trying to be as good as I can, that sets an example for people and helps the church."

MsStorm

Bench
I'll miss Izzy at the Storm and I am sure he will do well at the Broncos because he wants to prove himself at a new team.
However, I wonder, as he matures and becomes his own man without the influence of his family, whether that same passion (as in the above article) will still exist.

I think he will consider Union sooner than later.

BIKER_DRAGON

Juniors
](*,)Are there any Hindu's playing Rugby League that were once married to a Buddhist that were born of Jehovahs witness parents, that converted to Islam?:twisted:

Latest posts