What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are The Cowboys Any Chance?

the kirwan kid

Juniors
I'm a huge fan yet I am continually frustrated at our lack of success in spite of the roster we have. Last night was a good result but I'm not yet convinced that they are any chance to make the 8.

The best thing that came out of it - but I doubt it will happen - is the discovery of Thurston's halves partner and best combination for us:

9. Payne
7/6. Thurston/Bowen
1. Gallant

14. Watts

matt

Juniors
:lol:

Better chance for the runner up to the spoon IMO.

The two News LTD funded f**ks,they deserve eachother.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Even when Thurston is there they bomb far too many chances to consistently be a threat. They need to win a lot more games than they lose and right now I don't see them putting it together often enough to sneak in.

wittyfan

Referee
Rovelli must be the half for any chance of success.

Thurston is hardly needed for victories anymore.

Paullyboy

Coach
I hope the Cowboys go well, but they were very ordinary last night (they were just the least ordinary team on the paddock), and I don't think anything was particularly promising out of that unfortunately

Raider_69

Post Whore
canberra created enough chances last night to win that game comfortably, we didnt but it was hardly a sparkling display from the cowboys
the fact they needed a dog to lay down like a pussy to put the game beyond doubt is an indication of how bad they are

Before you say, we're only marginally better as a football side

matt

Juniors
Takes a good 5 years to remove the stench they create in a joint,so you still have 3 to go.

carncowboys

Juniors
we need to win something like 9 of our last 12 or something now I think. Even though last night was a scrappy game we where missing our (debatable) two best backs in tonga and thurston and (debatable) our two best forwards in Scott and O'Donnell we still managed to scrape a win agaisnt an injury and origin depleted raiders. We still have a bye to come and weirder things have happened so dont write us of just yet.

Talanexor

Juniors
I think we're a chance, but a very very small one. As long as we hang onto the ball and tighten up our right edge defensively we can do it.

Webb needs to play like that EVERY game, and Rovelli, Bani, John Williams, Ty Williams, Kaufusi and Manuokafoa need to stay the hell away from first grade.

Another loss will rattle our confidence and sink us though. We need to win the next few consecuatively to have any sort of chance to make an appearance in September.

shear_joy9

Coach
Webb needs to play like that EVERY game, and Rovelli, Bani, John Williams, Ty Williams, Kaufusi and Manuokafoa need to stay the hell away from first grade.

don't forget ashley graham. I swear that guy get's worse everytime I see him.

mason really stepped up last night. That's exactly how the cows would want him to play. Lead from the front and his experience showed.

carncowboys

Juniors
Graham was playing out of position last night and this year he has stepped up his game compared to previous years.