What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are the Melbourne Storm overrated?

Crazy Steve

Juniors
They are allowed to wrestle and hold down in the ruck more than any other team, usually when their opposition tries the same thing the News Ltd gimps in pink blow a penalty.

They are the scourge of the NRL, and should have been kicked out due to the extent of their cheating. They will employ any underhanded and dirty tactics (legal or illegal) to win.

Anyone who believes that Slater, Smith, Inglis and Bellamy knew nothing about dual contracts, probably also believes in the tooth fairy. They are dirty cheats pure and simple.

StormHi

Juniors
Crazy Steve are you wearing a tin Foil Cap?

Seriously man I have seen far more dirty tactics in other teams and if you had been watching that Broncos Tigs match you woulda seen blokes taking naps in the ruck nevermind the wrestle.....

Storm games have been for the most part some of the most hetic and fast paced games I have seen.

stormbati

Bench
They are allowed to wrestle and hold down in the ruck more than any other team, usually when their opposition tries the same thing the News Ltd gimps in pink blow a penalty.

They are the scourge of the NRL, and should have been kicked out due to the extent of their cheating. They will employ any underhanded and dirty tactics (legal or illegal) to win.

Anyone who believes that Slater, Smith, Inglis and Bellamy knew nothing about dual contracts, probably also believes in the tooth fairy. They are dirty cheats pure and simple.
:cry:

BDR

First Grade
I do think they get away with a lot in the ruck, mainly niggle like knees and rotating on top of the tackled player (which was supposedly a key indicator of a penalty but has fallen by the wayside) but they've got bending the rules down to a fine art and use it to their great advantage. Nothing stopping the other clubs from doing the same.

I do think they get away with a lot in the ruck, mainly niggle like knees and rotating on top of the tackled player (which was supposedly a key indicator of a penalty but has fallen by the wayside) but they've got bending the rules down to a fine art and use it to their great advantage. Nothing stopping the other clubs from doing the same.

I actually pointed this out when the Storm played the Knights, but people rubbished the claims.

They're still a great side(and they deserve to be where they are), but it seems like the refs are reffing the game at two different speeds in regards to the ruck.

Over rated?
They dismantle their opposition on a weekly basis and M they have the best player at each of the 3 most important positions.

They're great

Ausguy

Coach
They are standouts.

Its them then the rest who are miles behind.

I was thinking about 'the big 3' yesterday and thought in 3 years they could be gone and it will be interesting to see what happens in melbourne, i reckon bellamy will go once they are broken up.

ceagle

Bench
Their defense actually hasnt been great this year imo ( I realise they have conceeded the least points). But their attack is unbeatable, if you defend extremely well you will not beat Melbourne.

Spanner in the works

First Grade
The best team in the comp bar none. I wish we could have 16 teams of this quality going around every week. A joy to watch. The perfect football team.

StormHi

Juniors
I actually think the Broncos are the overrated team ATM their last outing vs the Tigs was really unconvincing.

Is it just me who thinks this??

firechild

First Grade
I actually think the Broncos are the overrated team ATM their last outing vs the Tigs was really unconvincing.

Is it just me who thinks this??

Agree. Unconvincing against 50uff$ and should have beaten Wests by 50.

This Year?

Immortal
Surely this team is overrated.

OK they are 6-0 but they haven't beaten anyone decent.

Their supposed "Big 3"are all almost 30 years old so are old men in the game and almost past their best.

The rest of the team are nobodies who would struggle to get in the first side of any other teams.

Their coach has a shocking record in Origin.

Their crowds are ordinary and the TV ratings are poor.

They are one injury away from being severely hampered.

Surely no one can actually rate them as Premiership favourites. If they are it doesn't say much for the rest of the competition does it?!

Your thoughts?

:lol: Epic fail.