What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are the Sharks moving in on the Illawarra?

*Ours

You and I both know that deep down, you’re a Dragons supporter.

I don’t know how St.Merge has any supporters anymore to be honest.

I mean you’ve gone from Paul McGregor to Hook coaching wise and your marquee signing this season has an AVO after domestic violence.

Sharon Woods was all washed up 2 years ago but he’s still getting picked in your 17 each week.

The Dolphins were only set up a year ago and people can’t separate them and St.Merge for the spoon.

And you’re looking forward to the start of the NRL??????

There's more chance of Olympic or Commonwealth games committees permanently accepting Oztag than RL 9s

They already have Rugby 7s, so why would they want Rugby 9s as well? Same game, but with the extra cost of 2 more players per team. We League fans might know better, but most of the world doesn't.

Teams representing China and Vietnam have competed in international Tag tournaments. Most (possibly all) of the participants are from Western Sydney. Whatever links these players have with their heritage nations is the conduit via which a form of RL could be established. Same dynamic applies to some of the countries you've listed.

Adding RL 9s will provide another pathway for people from the South Pacific to compete at the Olympics. There's not many sports in the Olympics program that accessible to people from the South Pacific countries. I'm talking bout people who are born and raised in the South Pacific. Not Pacific Islanders who've been born and raised in first world countries with elite sporting facilities and programs.