What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are Tickets and Factions killing the thing we love most?

Stagger eel

Staff member
On the back of Sid Kelly walking out on the board I wanna ask will everyone ever be on the same page at our club? Will we ever get any unity in this place?

I dream of supporting a club without following political faction, I dream of a successful front office and most of all I dream of a competative footy team, but it appears that we have people in powerful positions at the club who are willing to love the club to death... Literally!!

I fear that if this infighting doesn't stop than the club as we know it may die and die a painful death,

So the question I wanna ask is would you support a constitutional change that will outlaw tickets or factions at the club? I'm now at this stage where we need a radical change like this so that we, as a club can move forward...

On Saturday, we are celebrating a return to the 80's day,us members should march in unison to the ground chanting pat banaters 'love is a battle field' South Park style .... As comical as it sounds that's what we've become.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
If i won the lotto, one of the first things i would do is look into how i could purchase the club. I know it's not as easy as that, but f*ck that would be awesome.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
If i won the lotto, one of the first things i would do is look into how i could purchase the club. I know it's not as easy as that, but f*ck that would be awesome.
New name for the club the Parramatta chip roll Eels :lol: I have often had that dream myself :lol: Owning Parra not changing the name of course ;-)

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
Stagger, i'm not really one who gets into the politics of the club, but if there was some way to stop all the ridiculous shit that goes on inside the club, eg: someone who was not voted onto the board can still get on because people step down etc, i'd be all for it.

As i said to you on Sunday, i will be there on Saturday night, i can't wait. Our last Saturday night home game of the year. I can't wait to get down to the club and have a couple before the game and have a whole heap more after the game and mingle with the Parra fans who get down there.

Last edited:

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
New name for the club the Parramatta chip roll Eels :lol: I have often had that dream myself :lol: Owning Parra not changing the name of course ;-)

Lol, i don't know about changing the name to that, but i can tell you they would be served in the club and i'd be pushing for them to be served at the stadium too. Hell, if i was rich enough i'd just buy that too.

Eels Dude

Coach
Agree with other that privatisation is probably the only answer. If only L.A Confidential made Simon Baker as big a star as Russell Crowe.

It's hard to see a light at the end of the tunnel as to where this shit will finally end.

Chipmunk

Coach
On the back of Sid Kelly walking out on the board I wanna ask will everyone ever be on the same page at our club? Will we ever get any unity in this place?

I dream of supporting a club without following political faction, I dream of a successful front office and most of all I dream of a competative footy team, but it appears that we have people in powerful positions at the club who are willing to love the club to death... Literally!!

I fear that if this infighting doesn't stop than the club as we know it may die and die a painful death,

So the question I wanna ask is would you support a constitutional change that will outlaw tickets or factions at the club? I'm now at this stage where we need a radical change like this so that we, as a club can move forward...

On Saturday, we are celebrating a return to the 80's day,us members should march in unison to the ground chanting pat banaters 'love is a battle field' South Park style .... As comical as it sounds that's what we've become.

Forget about just tickets/factions, the entire constition is just laughable. This electing a new board every two year thing is so amateur local footy club set up it is not funny. It might have been the way things were done in 1947 or whenever the constitution was set up but it isnt the way forward for the 21st century.

Perhaps you could look at changing the entire Club constitution all at once.

I agree with others thoughts on privatisation, but this would have to mean a seperation of the Leagues Club and the NRL Licence. Yet another constitution minefield.

Chipmunk

Coach
x2. It may be our only hope.

Souths were a factional and political rabble several years ago. It can turn around. If I had the coin, I would buy it myself.

Are there any unknown quiet Parra fans with any serious coin that would buy the Club though?