What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are we going to buy anyone?

jimmythehand

Juniors
With O'Meley gone for next year (and hopefully we might have a spring clean too?) I wonder if we've got a bit of money to spend, and who we'll spend it on?

I just read on Fox that Whatmough, Ryles, Peter Wallace and Chris Hicks are off contract.

I reckon Whatmough is the cream of the crop, but I'd love someone with a bit of pace like Chris Hicks in the side. Who else is off contract and what sort of player(s) should we be looking to buy?

Mitchsu Danger

Juniors
From what ive heard, the Dogs are interested in:

Danny Wicks
Cooper Vuna
Junior Paulo
Luke Walsh
Ryan O'Hara
Paul Aiton
Craig Wing
PJ Marsh
Keith Lulia

Obviously they wouldnt be going for all of them.

Id like to see Wicks, Paulo, Aiton and Vuna with us.

C.P

Juniors
Valea said:
From what ive heard, the Dogs are interested in:

Danny Wicks
Cooper Vuna
Junior Paulo
Luke Walsh
Ryan O'Hara
Paul Aiton
Craig Wing
PJ Marsh
Keith Lulia

Obviously they wouldnt be going for all of them.

Id like to see Wicks, Paulo, Aiton and Vuna with us.

Paul Aiton would be a very handy signing, good young player with plenty of skills and we would no longer have any need for CHughes AND Perry freeing up one player payment under the cap. Ngawini could come up if needed to cover due to injury.
A player with GENUINE pace in the backline would be long overdue, Hicks is the only one i see available and he has a bit of height as well which would be welcome but cant really see them signing him.
The most obvious requirement for us is going to be a front rower. With O'Meleys loss for next year thats 3 rep forwards we've lost in the last 2 years, we will not win a comp without finding a player to fill the loss of depth

Big Mick

Referee
I'd heard the Aiton rumour as well.

I don't like it one bit...but i'd imagine he wants a starting hooker's position...so I couldn't begrudge him that.

jimmythehand

Juniors
is aiton really good? whenever I see him play he always looks like he's about to make a break, but never does. It's like he's deceptively slow?

Inferno

Coach
deceptively slow? You have to be kidding right, his pace and acceleration are some of his best attributes.

mattyg

Bench
i'd take watmough, just to piss my brother off...but i think we have enough 2nd rowers already, we have lost 3 of the top 5 props in the world in recent years (Price, Asotasi, O'Meley)...we need a new prop. I'd take O'Hara if we signed Wing or PJ Marsh.

we MUST have room under the cap somewhere for a few big signings...we have lost Anasta, Asotasi, Myles, O'Meley, Price just to name a few since 2004, and we haven't signed a single player who has played a formidable amount of first grade.

jimmythehand

Juniors
Inferno said:
deceptively slow? You have to be kidding right, his pace and acceleration are some of his best attributes.

Well that's what I thought when I first saw him, but the number of times I've seen his pace and acceleration make a break is exactly zero - that's why i think he's deceptively slow.

Whoosh

Juniors
I'd like to see Aiton and Walsh come to the Dogs. Walsh is an impressive lower grade halfback with Newcastle. Cooper Vuna might help with a bit of pace on the flank.

It sound like Wicks is coming, but whose left to show him the ropes?? What's Peter Kelly up to these days? :)

grouch

First Grade
Perhaps you should avoid Danny Wicks - the Dragons recruits haven't worked out all that well. Holdsworth in premier league, and all the money spent on Millard cost you Karl McNichol.