What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

are we realy versing the storm?

izzo

Juniors
it mentions the storm are playing a differnet club that week in the trials? in the papers?

Jeffles

Bench
Yeah. I read that too. They're playing Burleigh on the same day. So I think they'll split the teams. We'll probably get half the first graders only. :(

Still, better than nothing. I am excited.

Bluebag

Juniors
The Storm asked us for a trial and promised to send their best squad as they are having the bye in the first round they wanted to give the main squad of 17 a hit out together and they asked us.

Newtown Ear

Juniors
Jeffles said:
Yeah. I read that too. They're playing Burleigh on the same day. So I think they'll split the teams. We'll probably get half the first graders only. :(

Still, better than nothing. I am excited.

Do you think you are Big Kev or something Jeffles?? "I am excited!!!"

Jeffles

Bench
Welcome back Ear. I see you've crawled from your shell again.

Well I just received info that the Burleigh trial has been CANCELLED. The SMH article was a misprint.

IT WILL BE A TRIAL AGAINST A UNITED AND FIRST TEAM MELBOURNE STORM!!

2 True Blues

Coach
Hope they don't take the word " HITOUT " too literally.

They have " some " of the best individual players in the NRL.

Bluebag

Juniors
The Burleigh trial was cancelled and they are sending their squad to Henson for a game they are taking seriously, yikes. Their strongest available squad in fact.

It is important that we get as many people as possible to the game as this is a piece of history for Newtown being the first game against a first grade team since 1983. Come one come all and bring a friend or 200.

For people wanting to get close to NRL players Henson is the spot as there are no seperate areas for the players to hide away.