What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are you bothered?

Thaiad24

Juniors
Can I ask where u live Thaiad24 and is rugby league really popular in your area?

sure im from leeds, england, moved to thailand 2 years ago

rugby league is the city of leeds most popular sport due to the fact that the rise of the rhinos success coinsided with the fall of leeds united football club

before, where the kids wanted grow up and play for leeds united, now they want to grow up and be a rhino

if you go to any park in leeds you see kids with a rugby ball where as 5 years ago it would have been a football

leeds has a million people and im expecting a lot of kids to be coming through our ranks in 5 - 10 years

MsStorm

Bench
sure im from leeds, england, moved to thailand 2 years ago

rugby league is the city of leeds most popular sport due to the fact that the rise of the rhinos success coinsided with the fall of leeds united football club

before, where the kids wanted grow up and play for leeds united, now they want to grow up and be a rhino

if you go to any park in leeds you see kids with a rugby ball where as 5 years ago it would have been a football

leeds has a million people and im expecting a lot of kids to be coming through our ranks in 5 - 10 years

I thought you may be a Leeds man.
It was very interesting to read that rugby league is now the most popular game there. Lets hope it continues to grow as you predicted.
I am especially angry that fox no longers covers the ESL which I enjoyed watching and stupid Ch.9 in Melbourne does not show any of the games here, though I think NSW and Q'ld still get 2 games a week during your season.

WireMan

Bench
I like the NRL reject line, thats funny.

Matt King wasn't a reject, and you can have him back, very few NRL players come over here and stroll through and i've seen the best the NRL has ever had to offer. Hence the reason no one is naming names.

A lot go back and play NRL at a later date also.

Don't worry Thaiad, they are making excuses, like always. Not supporting you though, can't support nowt from Yorkshire... :D

Perth Red

Post Whore
It's RL, it's the two best teams from each hemisphere, it will be played in front of 30,000 passionate fans, it will generate media and $'s for the game. What's not to like?

MsStorm

Bench
It's RL, it's the two best teams from each hemisphere, it will be played in front of 30,000 passionate fans, it will generate media and $'s for the game. What's not to like?

Most definitely PR. Bet you will find most Storm fans and fans of rugby league can't wait to watch that game. Bring it on.

Latest posts