What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Areas of improvement in 2010 over 2009

Isaaxe

Juniors
SS have improved in 2009 over other years. We missed the Top 8. However, we played in many close games and were more competitive than SS are usually as a side.

SS fans were not embarrassed by the side as in many in the past 20 years (except for Round 17). SS fans were disappointed as we rightly expected a better finish than 10th. The SS fans expect more now than for a very long time.

In 2010, SS seem to have a stronger pack that will not be pushed aside as they were this year - in some games. This is a reason to be more confident.

The halves are expected to go better in 2010. Sandow has improved over the last quarter of the season. Sutton to be more consistent in 2010. Sutton has some skills (like that 25 metre pass to McQueen vs The Sharks) we did not now he had.

Our backs 1-5 have improved and we finally have some depth here. Simpson has surprised me with his pace and his last quarter of the year again has been good. Best was greatly underutilised in attack in 2009. If SS get Wesser and Best to play to their ability - we will go strongly in 2010.

I know a lot of SS fans -everywhere have been asking for Isaac Luke to play 80 minutes. However, Isaac's longevity may improve significantly as a result of his playing less minutes in '07 to '09.

Last edited:
Where we fell down throughout 2009,making basic errors,kicking on the second and third tackles,DROPPING THE BALL ON THE SECOND AND THIRD TACKLES WHEN IN AN ATTACKING POSTION.

Blue Bagger 66

Juniors
2009 came down to one play... round 23 v titans... sutton makes a break... looks inside instead of outside... max gets cut down... penalty... drop ball... blah blah blah.... rewind.... sutton goes outside... champion scores... sandow kicks goal... souths up 20-18... crowd lifts... souths lifts... we win... belt penrith round 24... give it to dragons by more... belt sharks by 1000... finish top 6...win comp... just one pass was all it took... call me a dreamer hahaha... but as a souths man its the dreams that keep me turning up... been a good year but could have been better... rest assured i'll be back in 2010... go rabbs!

it's simple....Sutton and Sandow fire every week like they did against the Dragons....end of story. Everybody else just does their job efficently like the season gone.

Latest posts