What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Argentina

bazza

Immortal
Hi

I got this message on the RLIF email group

----------------------------

Dear Friends of the Rugby League:
I?m Ricardo Acuna, president of Rugby League Argentina.
From the last year, we played rugby league and we decided to form Rugby League
Argentina.
We have communicated with Tas Baitieri and much material has sent us gentily.
We wanted to ask RLIF Action Group for all the written material possible
for donate (books of tactics, technics, pictures, jerseys, VHS!!) for send
to Argentina. I need all possible material (all is USEFUL here). Argentina
have a great rugby union players and rugby heritage, but RL is new, and well
accepted, day by day. The next year, Australia Police Rugby League Team will
travel to Argentina for play with our first National Team. OK, greeting fo
all rugby league action group, and THANKS for all the efforts to develop
RL for the world

Kind regards

Ricardo Acuna
Rugby League Argentina President

PS:

The postal address is:

Ricardo Acuna
Bogota 2677 PB "1" (1406) Buenos Aires - Argentina

------------------------------

Interesting guy, Ricardo Acuña. He also started (and is president of) the Argentine AFL.

His original plan was to use league and AFL as off-season games for union players, but apparently is getting a lot of soccer guys as well.

Big Bunny

Juniors
TheFirstRabbitoh said:
Interesting guy, Ricardo Acuña. He also started (and is president of) the Argentine AFL.

His original plan was to use league and AFL as off-season games for union players, but apparently is getting a lot of soccer guys as well.

He was also (and possibly still is) the President of the IAFC. (International Australian Football Council)

Big Bunny said:
He was also (and possibly still is) the President of the IAFC. (International Australian Football Council)

No, he hasn't ever been IAFC president. Brian Clarke has ben head of that for about the last five years, long before Acuña even started the AAFA or the ARL.

Copa

Bench
bazza said:
Hi

I got this message on the RLIF email group

----------------------------

Dear Friends of the Rugby League:
I?m Ricardo Acuna, president of Rugby League Argentina.
From the last year, we played rugby league and we decided to form Rugby League
Argentina.
We have communicated with Tas Baitieri and much material has sent us gentily.
We wanted to ask RLIF Action Group for all the written material possible
for donate (books of tactics, technics, pictures, jerseys, VHS!!) for send
to Argentina. I need all possible material (all is USEFUL here). Argentina
have a great rugby union players and rugby heritage, but RL is new, and well
accepted, day by day. The next year, Australia Police Rugby League Team will
travel to Argentina for play with our first National Team. OK, greeting fo
all rugby league action group, and THANKS for all the efforts to develop
RL for the world

Kind regards

Ricardo Acuna
Rugby League Argentina President

PS:

The postal address is:

Ricardo Acuna
Bogota 2677 PB "1" (1406) Buenos Aires - Argentina

------------------------------
well... here we are in 2007...

and.... ?????

RLIF

Juniors
Yay another fruad person trying to start league up in another country...it is just another person just pulling your strings - prob a rugby fan

langpark

First Grade
RLIF said:
Yay another fruad person trying to start league up in another country...it is just another person just pulling your strings - prob a rugby fan
yay, another faggott of an armchair critic.

RLIF

Juniors
langpark said:
yay, another faggott of an armchair critic.

HAHAHA yay another fan who thinks this will be a country that will be an "International Power House" in 30 years:lol: :lol:

Why bother building the game else where when we have nations like South Africa and Russia struggling...Argentina = WASTE OF TIME

langpark

First Grade
RLIF said:
HAHAHA yay another fan who thinks this will be a country that will be an "International Power House" in 30 years:lol: :lol:

Why bother building the game else where when we have nations like South Africa and Russia struggling...Argentina = WASTE OF TIME
don't misquote people. i called you an armchair critic. you pulled the "International Power House" quote outta your arse.

For a guy with RLIF as a username, you have very little time for the game outside nsw. You're probably a yawnion troll in disguise.

ali

Bench
I'm in Buenos Aires right now. Haven´t seen any RL yet. Haha. But not much evidence of Union either. Went and saw Boca Juniors play soccer today, it was pretty nuts. The nightlife here is amazing, I reckon I could easily live here.

Copa

Bench
ali said:
I'm in Buenos Aires right now. Haven´t seen any RL yet. Haha. But not much evidence of Union either. Went and saw Boca Juniors play soccer today, it was pretty nuts. The nightlife here is amazing, I reckon I could easily live here.
go to RL HQ and say hello..... and see what the office is...

Rugby League Argentiana (RLA)
ODA Sports
Calle Bogota 2677 PB"1" (1406)
Buenos Aires
Argentina

Telephone: + 54 11 4611 5116

ali

Bench
Copa said:
go to RL HQ and say hello..... and see what the office is...

Rugby League Argentiana (RLA)
ODA Sports
Calle Bogota 2677 PB"1" (1406)
Buenos Aires
Argentina

Telephone: + 54 11 4611 5116

Hey, not a bad idea. I will see if I can find it after Spanish class tomorrow. From memmory, he ran the alternative sports assoc. So even if the RL has stopped, the office should still be going to some extent.

screeny

Bench
Ali, Copa's dead right: as an ultra-orthodox leaguie it's your duty to pull the wool from all our eyes.

Why not pretend you are from the RLIF? That would be amusing, can you fashion a faux ID card?

AlbertRosenfeld

Juniors
Hey Ali, how long will you be staying oin Argentina?

If you are still there when the Australian rugby league season starts, and you find signs of rugby league life in Argentina, then I would suggest that you (1) email Steve Mascord or call him on Skype with the details (2) email Voss on the Sunday morning Footy Show, and (3) get onto Skype and call Andrew Moore at 2GB on a Sunday night.

We can soon establish you as the international rugby league reporter.

ali

Bench
screeny said:
Ali, Copa's dead right: as an ultra-orthodox leaguie it's your duty to pull the wool from all our eyes.

Why not pretend you are from the RLIF? That would be amusing, can you fashion a faux ID card?

About to head out there now, lets hope it's not siesta time. I'm not sure about the bullsh*tting, maybe I'll just enquire about getting a game of Rugby League.

Albert, haven't seen or heard anything RL since I arrived on the continent. But as I mentioned earlier, very little evidence of Union either, other than the odd jersey hanging in sports stores here in BA. I'm heading out to River Plates football stadium tomorrow, which I think is where they play some Union internationals so that will be interesting.

I'm probably heading back in Chile, which I've just remembered was a country who had enquired with the RLIF. With Jamaica (50% chance) and then the freedom to go wherever I want in Europe over the summer, yes maybe I can be this forums on the ground reporter. Haha.

Latest posts