What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ARL squad announced - No Raiders

Boing Boing

Juniors
Selectors name squad

11 April 2005

Australian selectors have named the following 23 players in a squad for the Bundaberg Rum Rugby League Test against New Zealand on Friday 22 April at Suncorp Stadium.

An extra player was named from the 22-man squad that was initially planned to cover for players coming back from injury.

The final team will be named following the St George Illawarra Dragons match against the Brisbane Broncos match at WIN Stadium this Sunday 17 April.

Luke Bailey
Shaun Berrigan
Tonie Carroll
Petero Civoniceva
Craig Fitzgibbon
Craig Gower
Nathan Hindmarsh
Ben Kennedy
Brett Kimmorley
Luke Lewis
Darren Lockyer
Anthony Minichiello
Mark O’Meley
Steve Price
Luke Priddis
Luke Rooney
Andrew Ryan
Jason Ryles
Matt Sing
Billy Slater
Willie Tonga
Trent Waterhouse
Craig Wing

--------------------------------------------

Hardly surprising, seeing as the Raiders don't actually play Rugby League. They play a game called Fairy Ball which nobody in sydney has heard of.

Timbo

Staff member
What a damn joke of a call.

We're in first place. We've beaten the Roosters and the Dragons (both pre-season title contendors). We have SEVERAL form competition players. We have the competition leading pointscorer.

But what POSSIBLE claim could we have for a rep player?

mike83au

Juniors
I actually think it's a pretty good squad.

I think Schif & J.Smith are the only ones that probably deserved to be in the top 22, but they haven't been selected.

Will they or I lose any sleep over it?

I doubt it.

OVP

Coach
If lockyer got injured before the Test, i think you will find Jason Smith being called up. And i wouldnt be surprised at all to see him play for Qld as well (even as a lock). What a signing !! Signing of the year.

skeepe

Immortal
Ladder position - Team - Players selected
1. Raiders - 0
2. Sharks - 1
3. Sea Eagles - 1
4. Tigers - 0
5. Storm - 1
6. Broncos - 4
7. Cowboys - 1
8. Warriors - 1
9. Panthers - 5
10. Rabbitohs - 0
11. Bulldogs - 3
12. Roosters - 3
13. Eels - 1
14. Dragons - 2
15. Knights - 0

14 players from the bottom 7 clubs, 8 players from the top 8. :evil:

laurie

Juniors
cant believe wesser not in the squad though ! hes been in awsome form.
gunna b tough for shiff when u got slater bowen and wesser.

Lynchie

Juniors
Agreed. Its dissapointing to see not one player picked at all especially when we are doing so well. But as has been said before its not suprising. :(

d-a-z-z-a

Juniors
lads.... cmon.... first off its a good thing as our players dont have to risk injury and then also back up the next day... as well as this.. how can we expect the selectors who have a side that has been world dominant to not select a player coz their team isnt playing well.

If we want our players in these rep teams.. we need consistancy over the year... i do believe choc could be in the squad..but that is probabaly bad luck..

Additionally.. some one showed a stat showing where all the top players are coming from...maybe they are to reliant on these players and others just get lazy.... can it be seen from a different perspective.. that a champion team will easily beat a team of champions any day. well Heads up lads:p we've probabaly got both and no one outside the raiders circle knows it.... and frankly who gives a F^&%& ... just means less clubs attracted to our "rep" players.. less matches played... and we can just happily win every game with no media pressure of an under performing club....the only thing thats important is the NRL premiership and we're doing pretty good at that..

GO YOU RAIDERSS!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

albi

Juniors
Can someone tell me what Jason Ryles and Luke Bailey have done to deserve to be in the side?

lotm

Juniors
benmeyer said:
Wesser is average. Can't defend to save his life.
it's funny. schif consistently pulls off try saving tackles including two -v- the roosters - in fact, he is far and away the best defensive fullback in the world - but people are going to use wesser's flukey (but admittedly brilliant) tackle -v- the storm to justify his selection over schif.

it's a shame.