What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Army tonight

Saintsman

Juniors
Heard you boys loud and clear from the grandstand and the amount of banners looked fantastic! Great work guys :)

AJ_82

Juniors
Noise came through loud and clear on the television too - I almost shed a tear in joy when I could hear my favourite chant coming through the tele with about 20 to go ... anyone who knows me (or my face) will know the one!

cleary89

Coach
The start was good, (james' one). My mate who I was with goes "f**k they get into it don't they". Sent shivers up my spine.

But tbh I didn't hear much for the rest of the game. Maybe i was too pissed (likely) or maybe concentrating too hard, but at the kick off was when I heard it loudest.

St. Benny

Juniors
sssssssaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnntttttttttttttttttttttt ggggggggggggeeeeeeeeeeeeooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggeeeeeeeeeeee

sounded awesome last night

Randor

Juniors
What are you guys on about? According to my good friend James Phelps from Sydney's finest paper the game was devoid of atmosphere.

Of course from where I was standing on the hill the game has left me with ringing ears and no voice.

STG-MACCA

Bench
Army sounded great at kickoff from the grandstand, very loud, and look as though you were all very close to each other, and standing as one solid group.

Unfortunately, I couldn't hear you the rest of the time, because the grandstand ROCKED! Unbelievable atmosphere up in the grandstand for a generic club match, and I really feel as though this team has built a special bond for all supporters over the past 18 months.

A couple of the guys that joined me in the stands last night, it was their first time not being on the hill at Kogarah, and they were impressed with the chanting of what was once known as 'the members'

Great night, and yeah the game lacked a little, I went home very happy

silverex

Bench
I was in the upper SW part of the grandstand and the sound of the army on the hill opposite came through loud and clear. Well done guys and girls!

I thought it was a bit quiet in the stand where we were for most of the game. But towards the end when we scored those last tries it really came alive.

saints_fireup

Juniors
I thought the atmosphere was great. Even the 'St George' chant echoing throughout the ground monstered the Army at times. Together, it was fantastic.

Sas2200

Juniors
First NSW game i have missed all year, apologies (personal reasons), did manage to get to a TV from the 20th minute on wards, and the army sounded amazing!

The banners looked fantastic, whilst the chants were coming out loud and clear, with it ending with "Every where we go" led by Steve.... Pete, your "In Wayne We Trust" Banner got heaps of play time

I do have 1 suggestion though. On Tv, cant really see more then 50% of the banners, since we are all crammed in the 1 spot. I think if we spread say 5m either way of spot, it would look even more amazing!

SaintTPP

First Grade
I do have 1 suggestion though. On Tv, cant really see more then 50% of the banners, since we are all crammed in the 1 spot. I think if we spread say 5m either way of spot, it would look even more amazing!

There was one shot at the end of the game where they were all spread out (unless for some reason they all werent up), I think for one big game and the finals we should all try and bring everything we own -all our flags, banners, scarves and so on. Will look amazing coz the crowd looked amazing last night with minimal flags/scarves.

SaintTPP

First Grade
saints-1.jpg

The Major

Bench
MAybe i should take my home sweet home banner and stand infront of the army and stick it up?? That will make them spread out a bit! Oh, and probably peg a few coke bottles at me for reasons unbeknownst to me??!!

DB

First Grade
Awesome photo SaintTPP..... do you mind me using that as my wallpaper?

W.B.2.S.O.S

Juniors
SaintTTP
Does the image get any bigger? (ie was it resized to upload on the forum)
It would make a great wallpaper, but its too small for my computer

Saintsman

Juniors
Army sounded great at kickoff from the grandstand, very loud, and look as though you were all very close to each other, and standing as one solid group.

Unfortunately, I couldn't hear you the rest of the time, because the grandstand ROCKED! Unbelievable atmosphere up in the grandstand for a generic club match, and I really feel as though this team has built a special bond for all supporters over the past 18 months.

A couple of the guys that joined me in the stands last night, it was their first time not being on the hill at Kogarah, and they were impressed with the chanting of what was once known as 'the members'

Great night, and yeah the game lacked a little, I went home very happy

Macca were you standing at the back of the grandstand around the 40-50m line with one of those red and white striped flags? (Right in front of an big advertising board at the back of the granstand)

But yeah, the granstand was awesome. My area was pretty good last year and was good last night.