What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

arrive alive cup

the bricklayer

Juniors
anyone got any news?
anyone seen any of the perenial favourites?
any cinderella stories?

i've been checking the site out for info, but at best it's a couple of weeks behind ..

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Well my school on the Central Coast was supposed to enter this year but we missed out 2 other schools submitted before us which i think is just unlucky.

All i know is the sporting schools are the most talented obviously and schools in the Penrith/St Marys area are the favourites. Farrar from Tamworth are also good. I played them a few years ago in Buckley Shield competition in the state semi final, lost 32-14 they are a strong side.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Last Friday night was between Terra Santca College Vs Erindale College at Campbelltown. Erindale won, not sure what the score was. Terra Sancta havent been in the comp that long but has produced the likes of Shane Rodney, Mark Meredith and Feleti Mateo (who's playing Reggies for Parramatta), and of course Erindale have produced Brett Finch, Richard Villasanti and Todd Paytem

St. Dominics won last year's competition, not sure who the favourites are this year, I would think St Dominics have got a huge wrap on this one.

Hoggy

Bench
The word I hear is there is going to be an Arrive Alive Cup game before the Storm game on Friday night at Olympic Park.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Why would it be down in Melbourne? It might happen but i just thought the games would be played up in NSW. What curtain raisers do the Storm normally have before their home games?

***MH***

Bench
if Holy Spirit Lakemba wins on friday it will be the first Canterbury-Bankstown district school to make it this far in 10 years.

Hoggy

Bench
pepstar87 said:
Why would it be down in Melbourne? It might happen but i just thought the games would be played up in NSW. What curtain raisers do the Storm normally have before their home games?

VRL or junior rep games pretty much.

Ie. Crap.

ali

Bench
I don't know about that. They still had many of their guns when i saw them play at the sevens in January, which they won from memmory. I was thinking at the time they'll be close to unstoppable in the Cup.

Deveate

Juniors
I Play for Erindale College (no.14) we beat terra sancta 20 - 12 and the game is going to be televised July 24th at 11:30. I know we don't play again untill the rest of the Teir A games have been played, all should be up to where we are by August 8th. Erindale's next game is against the winner of Patrician brothers blacktown and a Teir B team (don't know who yet). Glad to see you all follow this comp too. Erindale is going to go close i reckon, just watch!

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Ive been following this comp since JT played for St Gregs in 1989, its really interesting.

Channel 9 had a good intro to it, it showed the current league stars playing for their school they played for back then.

Trent Barrett for St. Gregs in 1995
Tony Puletua for John Paul 2, Marayong in 1996
Brett Finch for Erindale College in 1998
Nathan Cayless for Parramatta Marist in 1995
Michael Vella for Farfield Pats in 1996
Braith Anasta for Marcelin College in 1998
Pat Richards for Westfields Sports in 1998
Timana Tahu for St Francis Xavier College in 1998
Lance Thompson for Kingsgrove in 1995

Booyah

Bench
As long as Endeavour keep Pee Wee Moke and Beau Champion fit, they're in with a very good chance.

anjado

Juniors
blacktown pats usually do pretty well
and fairfield
as do parramatta marist
chifley college is meant to be the best other penrith school

bazza

Immortal
Interesting to see a school from Victoria is still in

But I think Kogarah Marist will beat them