What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

As a Kiwi, I can honestly say

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I'm embarrassed. We've deadset paid off the refs.

That no-try call against Raynor was terrible and we're getting the rub of the green generally.

With the Matai-Senior incident, it was clearly all Matai's fault. The guy is an absolute lunatic and we were damn lucky to end up with even numbers on the field AND get a penalty out of it.

Even if we win (and never underestimate our ability to choke) I'm not feeling good about it.

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
Thanks for the honesty. I wish I could act like that instead of flying off the handle and threatening to beat up my tv. The remote is already in the bushes across the road after one decision.

Ah well it sets it up for Brisbane now, perhaps thats what the powers that be are looking for.

Balmain_Boy

Whilst any sort of a fight was Matai's fault, Senior was always going to be binned. They hate the third man. The rule is a joke, but it's always the way they go.

matai was the wrong guy sin binned, the ref called out number 5 (manu vatuvei) and said to matai you are off as third man in!

douglasallen91 said:
so true, every single time he is tackled.

It almost seems as if he gets pissed off being tackled. It seems after every tackle he has grimmaces on his face, and always initiates the first push. It pisses me off :x

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
tbh I found Matai quite embarrassing tonight. That was basically a random assault on McGuire and it looked as if he was going to chase him around the field. It's pretty rough to blame any of the Brits for what ensued.

LeagueNut

First Grade
Just on the Raynor "no try" .... does anyone know what the official reasoning was?

Did they rule he had lost control, or that his elbow was touching the chalk, or both?

For the record, I would have awarded the try.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Thierry Henry said:
I'm embarrassed. We've deadset paid off the refs.

That no-try call against Raynor was terrible and we're getting the rub of the green generally.

With the Matai-Senior incident, it was clearly all Matai's fault. The guy is an absolute lunatic and we were damn lucky to end up with even numbers on the field AND get a penalty out of it.

Even if we win (and never underestimate our ability to choke) I'm not feeling good about it.

Go "not feel good about it" somewhere else, TH. The Kiwis were far superior to the Lions tonight. Anyone who thinks otherwise, should step in front of a big red double decker bus.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
It had to be the knock-on didn't it? That seemed to be what they were focusing on with the replays, and he clearly didn't go out, even the video refs couldn't f*ck that up :?

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
NZ Warrior said:
Go "not feel good about it" somewhere else, TH. The Kiwis were far superior to the Lions tonight. Anyone who thinks otherwise, should step in front of a big red double decker bus.

I made the thread at halftime. I'm very happy with the performance.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Matai deserved to be binned, but so did Senior, I mean WTF did he rush in for? Totally unnecessary. The penalty should have been reversed though for Matai chucking the ball at the tackler.
Raynor should have been awarded the no-try, it was good enough for benefit of the doubt but it wouldn't have made a material difference to the result.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
SpaceMonkey said:
Matai deserved to be binned, but so did Senior, I mean WTF did he rush in for? Totally unnecessary

cos Matai threw the ball at McGuire's head and then started chasing after him.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
If I saw correctly, McGuire carried on with the tackle and ended up kneeing Matai in the face. I think that's a fair enough reason to be a bit filthy.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
NZ Warrior said:
If I saw correctly, McGuire carried on with the tackle and ended up kneeing Matai in the face. I think that's a fair enough reason to be a bit filthy.

Exaggerating, I reckon. It was a routine play the ball penalty.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Thierry Henry said:
cos Matai threw the ball at McGuire's head and then started chasing after him.

So? McGuire's a big boy, can't he look after himself? Why does he need Senior to wipe his arse for him? Senior didn't rush in to break it up either, he came in throwing punches and kept on with it afterwards squaring up to Matai. He totally deserved to be binned.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Not exaggerating, I'm pretty sure there was a knee connecting with the face. Exaggerating is saying Matai was chasing McGuire around the field.

Latest posts