What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Asada 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

fizman

Bench
With the players now "coming clean" it will be a new ball game for Flanno. ASADA will have new information provided by the players about what he would have known and what he wouldn't have known.

I don't actually think he really has a grasp on the seriousness of the situation.

The Club having "no money or no CEO" is not an excuse.

The corporate structure was very good and with the right people would have worked well.

At his own request, Flanno WANTED to be HEAD of Football, he wanted everyone to report directly to him - that was the corporate structure he wanted.

The Board were happy to work with this structure so they could get the Development across the line.

It is as clear as day where the fault lies and they will get them. We can thank the same individuals for bringing down our Club who in essence did nothing wrong other than trust those who wanted the responsibilities they were given.

carcharias

Immortal
So Asada took two years to deliver sweet f**k all
And now they are going to get to work on a coach who has already been banned all year?

fizman

Bench
The 12 month ban from the NRL was because he didn't REPORT what was going on. Interestingly, had the old Board still been in, they would not have received any punishment from the NRL.

So yes, the NRL have offered their "punishment" to Flanno for governance issues, it's now ASADA's turn to invoke their punishment for an direct overseeing and or involvement with the program.

Had Flanno reported these issues to the Board in the first instance, he wouldn't be in a world of hurt.

Last edited:

Lurkingshark

Juniors
Why do people read the daily telegraph?

I can't speak for everyone but I look at it (online even though I hate giving Rupert clicks) 'cos I want information about what the f**k is going on. I am completely aware that a large percentage of what they write is fabrication/innuendo/speculation/distortion/wishful thinking/outright lies and lazy journalism but I have learnt over the years to ignore the opinion/agenda in a written piece and sometimes I can extract a useful bit of info from between the lines.
I'm not patient enough to wait for the whole truth to come out (if it ever will) so I will continue to process whatever small scraps come my way wherever they come from.
If it was not for the club's current predicament Rupes would not receive so much as the sweat off my scrote.
I guess, on the downside, I am in a small way encouraging the pricks so I will have to live with that.

Eion

First Grade
So flanno was wrong in trusting his staff, but the club was right in trusting flanno?

There's enough manure here to fling around at everyone, including the Nrl and Asada.

fizman

Bench
It will depend on what comes from the players "confessions" in terms of whether he was actively involved with the program or whether he was an innocent bystander.

My own view is that he was actively involved simply because he stopped the injections but allowed the creams and other non invasive formulations to continue.

PJ

First Grade
If Flanno had have trusted his staff he would got rid of him when the Dr, and the most qualified member of his staff, told him to get rid of him. Instead they then just moved it more under cover such as working in the sponsor boxes.

I believe that the email sent by the Dr was a follow up and he had been told verbally beforehand.

So basically Eion if Flanno had have trusted/listened to staff he and we would not have had to suffer through this.

carcharias

Immortal
Why didn't Asada do players and coach investigation at the same time?

If the doc knew why didn't he do something about it?
After all he was the only real doctor in the joint.

Eion

First Grade
It will depend on what comes from the players "confessions" in terms of whether he was actively involved with the program or whether he was an innocent bystander.

My own view is that he was actively involved simply because he stopped the injections but allowed the creams and other non invasive formulations to continue.

My understanding is the confessions really amounted to unknowingly taking banned substances. I've not heard, and would doubt, they went into outlining who knew what when etc. There just wasn't enough time for that.

PJ

First Grade
I don't believe the Dr knew what was going on.

He was told by persons external to the club Dank was bad news.

This was conveyed to Flanno and a lot of it then went behind closed doors as you can see from reports of activities going on in sponsors rooms etc.

It came to a head I think when the dr became aware and dank was punted.

carcharias

Immortal
The doc knew
He sent Flanno the bloody email telling him dank was no good etc.

He also hid it.

He should have gone straight to Irvine .

He was the club doctor
He was only bloke who should be doing any of that stuff IMO.

Somehow he has come across as a victim .

taipan

Referee
I'll put the integrity of the Doc, above any of those other guys anytime anywhere.
He acted immediately he found out.ASADA would have been well aware of that fact.
I am sure they know exactly who is in their sights.

The fact lady hasn't started singing yet.

Surely

Post Whore
The 12 month ban from the NRL was because he didn't REPORT what was going on. Interestingly, had the old Board still been in, they would not have received any punishment from the NRL.

So yes, the NRL have offered their "punishment" to Flanno for governance issues, it's now ASADA's turn to invoke their punishment for an direct overseeing and or involvement with the program.

Had Flanno reported these issues to the Board in the first instance, he wouldn't be in a world of hurt.

Interesting, so the board never knew about dank .
?

They didn't worry about payments to a person they didn't know was working for them ?

And finally wasn't the chairman at the time also acting as the CEO ?

Status
Not open for further replies.