What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ashes News

Robbo

Juniors
"Kangaroos officials are searching for videotape evidence before deciding whether to cite Great Britain hooker Terry Newton over an incident that forced second rower Craig Fitzgibbon off with a head injury early in the match"

"Fitzgibbon was fuming over the incident, making a veiled reference to retribution if he does play at Hull's KC Stadium next weekend." “What goes around comes around, I suppose." - I bet Terry Newton is Quaking in his boots! :lol:

"Centre Gary Connolly could be missing for Great Britain for the second Ashes Test against Australia in Hull on Saturday." - Not too bothered, he was one of our worst players on Saturday.

vbfg

Juniors
Connolly was a rock. He's not going to offer anything in attack but I'd rather he was at full back than Radlinski, who missed even more tackles than Long did.

Rich

Juniors
vbfg said:
Connolly was a rock. He's not going to offer anything in attack but I'd rather he was at full back than Radlinski, who missed even more tackles than Long did.

Totally agree. Australia only exposed our right side when GC was off the pitch. But people tend to decide before the game who they're going to criticise.

Robbo

Juniors
I have to admit, i'm not a big fan of Gary Connoly, but for me he just didn't do enough in attack. Gareth Ellis is in contention to take his place but i'm not sure if he'll do any better, but i haven't seen a lot of him. :?:

Stevo_G

Juniors
that newton is a idiot, who does he play for

always trying to cheapshot the aussies probably cost the last try by giving the penalty to aus on the aus 20 m line

vbfg

Juniors
Stevo_G said:

Wigan. With Cunningham having eaten one too many boxes of pies and Lowes retired he is the best we've got in the position. At least he's the best we've got who's experienced there. There is an argument for playing Burrow at 9 but it's not one I'm interested in listening to.

Stevo_G said:
always trying to cheapshot the aussies probably cost the last try by giving the penalty to aus on the aus 20 m line

Indeed, we'd only really got our kicking game together at that point too. If I blame anyone who managed to stay on the pitch for the loss I blame him. But I don't blame anyone who managed to stay on the pitch.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Two things GB needs to is drop Sean Long to the bench or from the squad replace him with Deacon, get rid of that fullback. I think hes been around long enough, I think its to bring in someone else.

And if they loose this test series, it'll be pretty emberassing to loose to a depleted Aussie team.

Robbo

Juniors
Parra Fan, i'm not sure we need to change the team at all, we came within four points of Australia with 12 men. I think with Morely back i can't see us losing the next test. I know Sean Long had a bad kicking game but his attacking play is better than that of Deacon's, and he actually started to play a lot better as the game went on.

spooky

Juniors
vbfg said:
Stevo_G said:

Wigan. With Cunningham having eaten one too many boxes of pies and Lowes retired he is the best we've got in the position. At least he's the best we've got who's experienced there. There is an argument for playing Burrow at 9 but it's not one I'm interested in listening to.

I wonder if it's worth a shot putting Horne in at hooker. His tackling is rock solid, he's great at making yards with runs from acting half, he's got good hands and is an excellent attacking option. He's also not a cheap shot merchant.

vbfg said:
Stevo_G said:

Indeed, we'd only really got our kicking game together at that point too.

I know! I remember saying "that's our best kick of the game" and then sh!t for brains Newton gives the most unnecessary penalty away. I was calling him far worse than that at the time.

vbfg

Juniors
It says a lot when I'm wishing Lowes was available because he'd be less of a liability for penalties. ;)

Robbo

Juniors
Radlinski (Wigan); Carney (Wigan), Connolly (Leeds), Senior (Leeds), Horne (Hull); Sculthorpe (St Helens), Deacon (Bradford); Fielden (Bradford), Newton (Wigan), McDermott (Leeds), Morley (Sydney Roosters), Peacock (Bradford), Farrell (Wigan, capt).

Subs: Anderson (Bradford), Sinfield (Leeds), Long (St Helens), Forshaw (Bradford).

Changes: Deacon for Long, Forshaw for McDermott & Sinfield for Gilmore.