What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ashley graham vs willie tonga

Pazza

First Grade
Having both players fully fit in first grade with Vaealiki, Grothe and Lyon would have been awesome.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Graham at his fittest would prob be better then tonga but its been so long since seen ash run at full pace... he has same prob as hodges they say he isnt playing his best due to major injury last year so same applies for graham...

Freak

Juniors
Im a huge Graham fan, however I am gutted by losing Tonga especially to the dogs. I can see Graham playing 5/8 in the future. His passing action is top shelf. I do think that he is a little slow for an outside back, but he has tremendous skill and power!! The dogs in and at defence suits Tonga rather than the slide one on one defence which exposed him at Parra. Confidence is a great tool and Willie at the moment has plenty and I am enjoying watching him develop into a quality player. :clap:
I have no dramas in relation to letting him go as I have been informed that Parra offered him a fantastic incentive offer based on time in first grade. Looking back he would have made plenty more at the eels than where he is currently.
It's all easy in hindsight though!!

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Freak said:
The dogs in and at defence suits Tonga rather than the slide one on one defence which exposed him at Parra.

Now it's exposing the whole team! Why don't Parramatta change to a more umbrella style defence? We would greatly benefit from having our forwards actually meeting the attackers in defence at pace. We did it in the late nineties and became a strong defensive side.

strider

Post Whore
I don't believe we do use the slide that much anymore - I think our outside backs often come up and in this season - but we aren't very good at it yet and we often leave gaps on the wings.

I agree that our forwards (infact our whole defensive line) could come up and meet the attacks more - but that takes alot of fitness to sustain that sort of play and I still believe we lack fitness big time.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Good points. I still believe that we are not coming up in defence. We have to bite the bullet and go for a hard hitting defence even if we sacrifice some attacking power. Guys like Vella, Stapleton and Peek need to be sprinting up in defence and getting us a lot more dominant tackles.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Haha. Its not only Tonga u have let go. I could make three teams full of Parra players that are playing for other teams that would beat your side by twenty each time. Brian Smith has to be held responsible as he has the decision as to what players he wants!!!!

Maybe Parramatta should get rid of your liabilities Dykes, Widders (he is so unfit), Side Show Bob (Peterson), Wagon, Hopkins, and many more and buy some young players and start to rebuild. The players you are buying are not exactly young and most of them have had their fair share of injuries as well.

WITT HAS TO BE HALFBACK NOT FIVE-EITH AS WELL

I do hope you get better becuase it would be a shame to see a club like yours go down the drain. The only way is up. Well at least u should hope so!!!!

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Why patronise us?...don't you think we have already spoken about these hypotheticals?

I do agree f**k off Peterson, im glad he's injured, he's injured & i have a sore arse!

yy_cheng

Coach
If only the defence was like what they did before that last try was scored by burty.

I think Vella needs lead and rev up the guys to do just that. ANd no silly penalties

Latest posts