What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ashton Sims - keep him or ditch him?

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Ashton Sims is reportedly being hunted by 3 clubs for next season.

Now, It's no secret Henjak hasn't exactly been on the Sims bandwagon ever since the Semi Final 2008 incident.

In my opinion he's a decent player. He's pulled off some impressive stuff in the short stints Henjak has given him.

I say keep him.

screeder

Juniors
He's been pretty inconsistent when he's been given a chance. We have no trouble winning without him. Henjak sees something he doesn't like there and with Henjak's management of him he's probly a waste of money.

Hate to say it because i like him but ditch. Let him go.

bfoord

Juniors
I'm not sure we would have the cash to keep him if we do end up securing Inglis. especially not on the reported 220k a year he is on now.

johns_reds

First Grade
i'd prefer to keep him, but if he isn't going to be played by henjak then get rid of him, we've got hannant coming in next year, i see no point in keeping him, we could use the 200k from his salary.

gUt

Coach
I think Sims is underrated by many but we probably have at least equivalent cattle to cover him now. If he will get more NRL game time elsewhere, let him go.

I would speculate that one of the clubs looking at him would be the Cowboys. That's the type of club Ashton could go to, to prove to the fans that he's still got it (see Willie Mason).

MightyBronco

Juniors
Keep him! We need at least one player with a decent amount of mongrel. He is a bonus come big games when we really need to smash their forwards to get ahead. ala 2008, despite the f**kup..

I'd like to say ditch the bloody dud hooker but there is already another thread for that discussion!

Pierced Soul

First Grade
boot him, i dont think he's shown enough. i know he hasnt had a lot of time from henjack but aside from his form towards the end of last year he's been pretty ordinary for what he's probably being paid

DeeJ

Bench
I'd love to keep him, he's the most aggressive forward we have and he can play at prop or second row. However I'm resigned to the fact we are losing him and trying not to get worked up over it.

Broncos fan!

Juniors
I have no problem letting him go if we can't afford him if we manage to sign Inglis. But if Inglis falls through then I would like to keep him but on less than what he is reportedly on now.