What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Asotasi and Sutton very disappointing

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Suttons great if your 10 ahead and the forwards are dominating.

Sunday showed why he is still not a rep player, when the chips are down and his team needs someone to stand up sutton is standing around with his hands in his pockets.

Wow, I never knew that halves perform better when their forwards are dominating. You should write a book about that revelation. Amazing.

When I think about it, you may be right, because Thurston did f**k all against us the other week when our forwards dominated. Heck, I even recall Benji being outplayed by Fitzhenry when we played you at the SCG.

Someone give this guy a medal.

Ttime

Juniors
Wow, I never knew that halves perform better when their forwards are dominating. You should write a book about that revelation. Amazing.

When I think about it, you may be right, because Thurston did f**k all against us the other week when our forwards dominated. Heck, I even recall Benji being outplayed by Fitzhenry when we played you at the SCG.

:lol: RESPECT!!

redandgreenduck

Juniors

:lol: Thats the way Ziggy..stick it to the dope.

Last edited:

Appin Rabbit

Juniors
It is true that Sutton is not a top class No 6 and it is also true that he did not have a good game vs the Broncos last Sunday
He'll be right this week he didn't have the forwards to get ontop of the opposition last week this week they are back including Luke so you will see a different Johnny Sutton this week he will put players through holes all over the park (Go You Bunnies)

Sugar

Bench
Sutton on Sunday = Lazy
Lazy in attack, Lazy in Defence and Lazy tying up the boot laces.

I expect a huge bounce back to form Vs Manly

G-ROCK

Juniors
Sutto had an average game, i dont know if most of you were blind or what? but Sandow had a much worse game then sutto, sandow's 5th tackle options were WOEFUL. he tried a few little chip over the tops which just turned straight over and werent on, everytime he got the ball for a 5th tackle kick i cringed and everytime it ended up crap.

Mattyoh

Juniors
True that. Sandow's options were woeful. Sutton was a big worry in defence. I think sandow needs to step up or we need to try someone else at halfback.

Zigwaa

Bench
Who else do we try at Halfback? I think we have to persist with Sutton and Sandow for the remainder of the year. If they don't prove themselves this year explore some options over the off season maybe.

Ttime

Juniors
Who else do we try at Halfback? I think we have to persist with Sutton and Sandow for the remainder of the year. If they don't prove themselves this year explore some options over the off season maybe.

Cooper Cronk to be our saviour!

jackb

Juniors
We can not look to far into the loss agains the broncos - we were woeful and thats all there is to it! The real issue for me is how we perform for the remainder of this year. I have some very real concerns about our halves and I always thought that it was a shame that Wingy was lost to japan rugby. What a difference he would have made for us this year. No defensive problems from him and plenty of spark in attack. We now have to make the best of what we have and just get on with it!

Mattyoh

Juniors

Reynolds.

If he is being paid $450,000 then he is not worth it or any where near it either. I am not sure how his contract stands, but Souths should be looking to re-do his contract or cutting him loose.

Seriously guys I am really disappointed in his form on the field. He had a great 2007 but that was three seasons ago. Since then he has either been injured or not playing to the standard we hoped and expected. For the the amount of monay we are paying him we deserve better performances.

5 year contract for a front rower was always going to come back and bite you on the arse.....

Sorry Souths have turned things around a hell of a lot in recent years, but that 5 year deal was just a brain snap!

Achillies

Juniors
5 year contract for a front rower was always going to come back and bite you on the arse.....

Sorry Souths have turned things around a hell of a lot in recent years, but that 5 year deal was just a brain snap!

At the time Roy signed the deal we needed to do it. A player of his standing in the game signing on for that length of time showed alot of confidence in a club which had been unable to attract top talent. Him signing with us was probably the catalyst for other big names to follow in recent years.

Latest posts