What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

At last Nighty at #1

Cagey Mac

Bench
Dragons Captain Mark Gasnier has today been selected to return from injury to face the Tigers at WIN Stadium on Friday night.
Gasnier, 27, suffered a thigh injury in the match against the Bulldogs in Round 21 and will line up with Matt Cooper in the centres.
In other changes to the side Jarrod Saffy moves into the front row replacing the injured Justin Poore whilst Lagi Setu will start in the back row with Kirk Reynoldson and Rangi Chase both being named on a five man bench.
Unavailable Dragons are: Jason Ryles (Rnd 23), Brett Morris (Rnd 23), Ben Creagh (Rnd 25), Justin Poore (Finals Wk 1)

NRL
v Wests Tigers
7.35pm Friday 8 August
WIN Stadium
Toyota Cup
v Wests Tigers
5.15pm Friday 8 August
WIN Stadium
Coach: Nathan Brown
Coach: Steven Price

1. Jason NIGHTINGALE

2. Chase STANLEY

3. Mark GASNIER (c)

4. Matt COOPER

5. Josh MORRIS

6. Jamie SOWARD

7. Ben HORNBY

8. Jarrod SAFFY

9. Dean YOUNG

10. Dan HUNT

11. Beau SCOTT

12. Lagi SETU

13. Stuart WEBB

14. Matt PRIOR

15. Ricky THORBY

16. Kirk REYNOLDSON

17. Simon WOOLFORD

18. Rangi CHASE

ONE TO BE OMITTED

Last edited:

paulyt

Juniors
As long as they don't have him at fullback in attack and wing in defence or whatever they were doing Gaz will be right.

Cagey Mac

Bench
I liked the 26 players myself, great for gang tackles and would certainly test our short passing game

Jono078

Referee
Good move, I reckon Nightingale could be an awesome fullback with all the flair he has.

shredda84

Juniors
i like the look of the backrow,if these guys play well i think where a good chance provided hunt and saffy can match the tigers props

steven_tiger

Juniors
tigers props are as soft as gaz's injuries, saf and hunt will be fine.

Obviously haven't watched many of our games lately.

Galloway is in terrific form, Laurie is doing Kamakazi runs from the bench and Gibbs has been stepping up too.

We'll be fine in that department.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
St George Illawarra Dragons V Wests Tigers
Friday 8 August 2008 19:35 - WIN Stadium
Referee: Shayne Hayne
Touch Judges: Alan Shortall, Russell Turner
Video Referee: Paul Simpkins
DRAGONS: 1. Jason Nightingale 2. Chase Stanley 3. Mark Gasnier (c) 4. Matt Cooper 5. Josh Morris 6. Jamie Soward 7. Ben Hornby 8. Jarrod Saffy 9. Dean Young 10. Dan Hunt 11. Beau Scott 12. Lagi Setu 13. Stuart Webb
Interchange: 14. Matt Prior 15. Ricky Thorby 16. Kirk Reynoldson 17. Simon Woolford; Reserves: 18. Rangi Chase
TIGERS: 1. Shannon Gallant 2. Taniela Tuiaki 3. Dene Halatau 4. Chris Lawrence 5. Beau Ryan 6. Benji Marshall 7. Robbie Farah (c) 8. Keith Galloway 9. John Morris 10. Bryce Gibbs 11. Todd Payten 12. Chris Heighington 13. Liam Fulton
Interchange: 14. Rhys Hanbury 15. Ben Te’o 16. Corey Payne 17. Daine Laurie; Reserves: 20. Bronson Harrison

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=16751

Saintsman

Juniors
I would rather have Lett then Gaz unless gaz somehow produces miracle awesome form :p He hasn't done anything lately. I'm praying brown doesn't move Gaz to fullback and Nighty to the wing. Gaz cant tackle or chase down players like Brett Morris.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
As reported, Jason Ryles, Brett Morris, Ben Creagh, Justin Poore all out. That's a huge chuck out of the pack.

Great opportunity for Saffy and Hunt to step up.

dragondad

First Grade
I'm sure we won the Jersey Flegg with Nightingale at fullback with the Morris twins in the same team. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Saintsman

Juniors
As reported, Jason Ryles, Brett Morris, Ben Creagh, Justin Poore all out. That's a huge chuck out of the pack.

Great opportunity for Saffy and Hunt to step up.

Ryles and Poore= two of the form forwards atm
Brett Morris= forming a lethal partnership with Josh
Creagh= starting to find some form.

Its good we have the back ups for Morris and Creagh in Sailor/Stanley/Lett and Setu. But Ryles and Poore are big losses. Hunt and Saffy wont be anywhere near as good. Saffy has only been improving every game though.

Latest posts