What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

At what point will the rugby league world admit To'o the the best winger to play the game

Clarkent

Juniors
When he retires he will go down as the best winger ever but not now. I dislike calling player who are still playing the best ever.
To'o is only 25 years old which is even more crazy. Most fans don't appreciate him as the other greats because he doesn't do flashy finishes like Radradra or Folau. And also because To'o is a very different winger to any winger. Also To'os style of play has changed the way wingers play now. He's workrate as a winger is unmatched! No winger in history has the workrate of To'o, and not only that but to keep it consistently every year. He's not there yet but he will when he retires without a doubt

no name

Coach
I don't think that's necessarily a good way to show how good To'o is to be honest, he's done all that because he's in one of the greatest teams of the NRL era and the wing whilst important isn't a game changing position for the most part.
I reckon this Panthers side has made a case for the back three to be game changing positions. The amount of yards the back 3 make for them and the pressure they take off the forwards is immense.
Madge based the origin squad on this type of game plan and it made a huge impact on the game.

Clarkent

Juniors
I don't think that's necessarily a good way to show how good To'o is to be honest, he's done all that because he's in one of the greatest teams of the NRL era and the wing whilst important isn't a game changing position for the most part.
Most great wingers are from great sides tbh. To'o style of play is the reason why the Pantherd system work. His workrate helps the forwards massively. The Panthers don't need Fisher-Harris and Leota to play like Haas or Tino because they get a lot of rest time from To'os 20 hit ups a game, and 200 plus meters a game to ease the load. He runs even more meters in Origin then he does for the Panthers and that's without the "Panthers system", and I haven't even brought up the tackle breaks average he has for the nrl and Origin. Every year he's mostly in the top 5 for most meters run, post contact meters and tackle breaks, the other players with him in Payne Haas and Addin-Fonua Blake. He can go to any team in the nrl and he'll run the same meters and have the same tackle breaks as he does with the Panthers