What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ATT: Victorians, RE: State of Origin

dilbz

Juniors
i was just wondering, would anyone here happen to know if/when state of origin is broadcasted in Victoria? we've got an excursion to somewhere near melbourne and i realised today its next wednesday, and im shattered that i'm probably gonna miss out on it seings as vic isn't too fond of rugby league.
anyone know?

That would be 10:30 pm on TV if we're lucky here. Rising Sun hotel in Richmond MAY be able to show it live (Right next to Burnley train station) but it's not a sure thing.

dilbz said:
what have they done for it for the last couple of years?
Never been there for live Origin but it's one of the very few league-friendly pubs in Melbourne. They even have a Melbourne Storm sign outside over the main door (not surprising when you consider they're a club sponsor).

Hindyscrack

Bench
I cant understand, surely it would be a ratings winner in prime time on a Wednesday? All storm fans should be lobbying 9 for live coverage, like they did to get the grandfinal on at a decent hour. This is crazy!

littleduck

Juniors
Maybe 9 will voluntarily decide to televise SOO LIVE in Melbourne this year to accumulate some goodwill credit points with the NRL Partnership in their up-coming RL broadcast rights re-negotiations?

I'll rephrase...

pigs might fly?

why 10pm dont the idiots know that some people work are channel 9 that stupid yes friday and sundays i understand cause they have too show the afl but there is nothing on a wednesday night

I don't know what they'll put on instead next week. They've moved CSI:Miami to Sunday night and I can't remember what's on at 8:30.

bozza tgg

Juniors
The Beaconsfield Hotel in Beconsfield Pde St Kilda will show it live as will the Max Hotel in Commercial Rd, Prahran. This is where I have watched it the last few years.

There are few other pubs around the place that will show it live, but on local tv it won't be on till 10 or 11pm at best.

bozza tgg said:
The Beaconsfield Hotel in Beconsfield Pde St Kilda will show it live as will the Max Hotel in Commercial Rd, Prahran. This is where I have watched it the last few years.

There are few other pubs around the place that will show it live, but on local tv it won't be on till 10 or 11pm at best.

The storm fans got to the Rising Sun in Swan Street Richmond and i know they want more people to make a good crowd.

Hoggy

Bench
joel caine number 1 fan said:
i almost snapped my pen into two when i saw the time in the paper i have no idea why they cant show it at 8:30 whats there problem its all eddie's fault i bet :rolleyes:

Yes it is all the Collingwood Football Club's President's fault.

He makes all the decisions of the 9 network.

Goose.