What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

attack

Surely

Post Whore
4th worst in the comp, if that stat doesn't change we are f**ked.

We have added Lewis Gordon Ryan, 3 quality players, yet in attack nothing has really changed.

Where's the problem, coaching ?

DJShaksta

First Grade
Carney drifting right putting Pom back on the inside.
Carney cutout pass to Feki.

Predictable.
More decoy plays.
More runners at angles.

Surely

Post Whore

Predictable.
More decoy plays.
More runners at angles.

I think we lack a short passing game, ties in with more runners, but straight and compressed.

I'll qualify that with I know nothing, just an observation.

a hooker that can emulate cam smith

He is always taking a few paces out of half then giving service or testing the line

Those few paces mobilises the attacking line

He is essentially another half back, the defense is kept in two minds about who is marshaling the next play, him or cronk

Stuff

Juniors
A prop/backrower/lock/captain/hero that doesn't crowd the wingers or centres and stays the **** away from the 5th tackle play would be a start. The polar opposites between the first and second halves v Parra will hopefully be the lesson learned.

Card Shark

Immortal
Where's the problem, coaching ?

Yes probably, maybe more to do with recruitment.

Too much of the salary cap focused on forwards over the previous few years.

Having said that, the addition of Gordon & Ryan (& Wright) is designed to change that. We are slowly improving & ya can't expect that with 1/2 a new backline, that it is going to click straight away.

Lets see how we go the rest if the season, & yes Gal must stay mostly out of it.

cb4

First Grade

Predictable.
More decoy plays.
More runners at angles.

Nail on the head!

Most attack these days stems with deep decoys and ball playing fullbacks.

Michael Gordon isnt know for his ball play so we are already behind the 8ball.

Also, it's flogging a dead horse, but until we get centres that are attacking threats, the pressure will be put on Todd.

shaggs

Coach
All our problems stem from he dummy half. Our DH doesn't engage the markers. Thereby allowing teams to simply slide out and man up.

If the DH can't or won't do that, then we need short decoys around the ruck to keep players heading out and numbering up. Simple really. We don't do either.

Have a look at when Morris steps out on the weekend. He crated space and actually scored or allowed others to make breaks. Doesn't so it enough.

I know it was against parra but he poit is the same

Vin Fizz

Bench
A team choc a block of backrowers and backs who run lines like backrowers. We end up playing hit the ball up and off load late. TC runs across field and turns the ball inside to a mobile backrower with a back running off him looking for the second phase. The attack falters when the ball player is wrapped up. We do that for 5 and kick on the sixth. Agree with Shaggs, we looked great when JM took the line on and offered a point of difference in the attack. Hope to see more of it.

carcharias

Immortal
4th worst yeah
but we have won a few very close ones against some quality teams.

plus a few teams have played an extra game

we have played souths twice with a 0 point differential

newman

First Grade
4th worst yeah
but we have won a few very close ones against some quality teams.

plus a few teams have played an extra game

we have played souths twice with a 0 point differential

You can't look at our rating in attack without considering our defensive rating. We have hack outside backs, so our game is built on D.

Card Shark

Immortal
I'm hoping the 2nd half against the eels is a turning point in our attacking year.

I know they are ordinary, but I were we first half. However when we had to step up, we put tries on at will. This will be a massive confidence boost, IMO.

Lets see how we go over the next few weeks.

shaggs

Coach
Woah, that's asking a bit much messiah.

You can only have two of those things and you can't have the same combo for each centre.