What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

auckland aces player called up 4 england

England call on Loye

State Auckland Aces batsman Mal Loye will replace England captain Michael Vaughan in the Tri-Series in Australia.

Loye played two State Championship and two State Shield matches for Auckland this season but heads across the Tasman ahead of the tourists’ next match, against Australia on Friday.

The uncapped Lancashire player could debut after Vaughan picked up a hamstring tear during the BLACKCAPS three-wicket defeat in Hobart.

The Yorkshire opener has played only four games since returning to the team this month after missing a year of international cricket after knee surgery.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
well they have run out of Seth Efricans, they have to rely on poms now and the cupboard is bare

novacastrian_panther said:
auckland aces, wtf? i thought he was a pom.
Plays as the international player (that's my understanding of it), he plays for Lancashire now and was selected in the 30 man Champions trophy squad (according to Cricinfo)

aussies1st

Staff member
Perfect time for him though as the WC year age doesn't matter if your form is good enough.

IanG

Coach
Where's this bloke been the whole time? is what I wanna know. Good debut with 36 in as many balls. Got England off to a good start. When he got out their batting disintergarted.