What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auction Set Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Hi everyone, we should get this started soon. There is still some rules stuff to organise but for the purpose of the auction we have just about everything set.

Everyone should have received an email to get into the league, if not, please let me know.

Auction start date/time: TBA
Salary Cap: $200,000
Minimum salary: $1000
Salary Increments: $500 up to a salary of $10,000, $1000 thereafter. Any bid not complying with these increments will be deemed invalid and removed.

During the auction your salary cap number will be any contracted players + any active bids. This is to ensure nobody busts the cap during the auction.

- Up to 20 players can be nominated at any one time.
- I will nominate the top 20 players according to the league site to start things off.
- After that, anyone can nominate a player as auctions end.
- Auctions will be deemed finished when the high bid hasn't changed for 24 hours.
- Players and their salary will be automatically added to your roster.

After the Draft

Every player will receive a contract of up to 5 years (we may limit the number of 3-4-5 year contracts can be assigned, hasn't been decided yet).

There are 2 contract types:

Straight: Full salary amount, no guaranteed money.
Bonus: 80% of the salary amount, the remaining 20% becomes guaranteed money.
Example you sign Adrian Peterson for $60,000
- A straight contract means he will be counted in your cap at $60,000
- A bonus contract means he will be counted in your cap at $48,000 and have a $12,000 bonus amount which does not count towards the cap.
These nominations will be made after the auction ends.

Any player acquired, no matter what contract type, is considered to have 1-year of guaranteed salary for the remainder of the off season. This is to ensure people do not acquire players with no intention of holding onto them.

You will have 2 development squad places. To be eligible a player has to: a) be an NFL rookie and b) have a salary of $1000.

Cap Penalties
A straight contract does not incur any penalties if the player is cut.
With a bonus contract, if the player is cut, a salary cap penalty is assessed equal to the bonus amount * contracted years remaining ie if Peterson has 2 years to run on his contract the cap penalty would be $24,000 ($12,000 bonus * 2 years).
During the off season this penalty is assessed to the current year's cap, in season this cap penalty is split 20/80 over the current year/following year.

Trading does not incur a penalty, the full salary amount is traded and the new owner has the opportunity to assign the contract type. Contract years remain intact.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Can we have the 24 hour auction time start and finish around 10pm will be best for everyone to get the bids in?

When a bid is submitted the timer restarts so everyone gets a fresh 24 hours after a new high bid is placed. Once there's been no bid for 24 hours that's when the auction ends.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Draft has been pushed back to Wednesday at 10am.

League fees are due as well.

Ive sent an email around to everyone.

zombie jesus

Staff member
I'm having some trouble setting the starting line up the way we intended.

It seems I can't set the DE/DT and CB/S as separate flex spots, you've either got a set number or general IDP flexes.

I've emailed MFL to see if it can be done somehow.

If not we'll just go a 3 DL, 3 LB, 3 DB set up, not much will change really as the scoring brings some parity to the IDP positions anyway.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Hi guys,

A small change to our starting line up requirements.

MFL in unable to separate an IDP flex position. Which means ab and I would need to manually check every line up each week to confirm it's validity.

To avoid this, I'm going to change the starting requirements from:

3 LB, 1 DT, 1 DE, 1 DE/DT, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 CB/S

to

3 LB, 3 DE/DT, 3 CB/S.

I'll update the rules sometime today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts