What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aus vs Wales

aussies1st

Staff member
Final game of this pathetic year for the Wallabies. Both sides are far from their best.
Wallabies side is rumoured to be unchanged for this week (yes that means Gregan is still there) with Rogers the only worry.

I still don't get how Turini is still in our side. When you have a guy like Johannson who is setting the world on fire when he gets on the field you would think he would start.

Jackal Dog

Juniors
Should be a high scoring, entertaining game both sides like to throw the ball around and both sides defence hasn't been all that crash hot my prediction: AUS 31- 26 WALES

bayrep

Juniors
Whats the story with Rogers ? The guy seems to get an injury every 2nd game I cant remember when he has played a whole season.

Aus played them selves into form against Ireland who were doing nothing. Wales though has had some tough games to start their season so may finaly click for this game. Aus will just want to get home.

Aus 18 - 26 Wales.

Jackal Dog

Juniors
Wales side:
15.Gareth Thomas(c)
14.Dafydd James
13.Matthew Watkins
12.Sonny Parker
11.Shane Williams
10.Stephen Jones
9.Gareth Cooper
8.Michael Owen
7.Martyn Williams
6.Colin Charvis,
5.Rob Sidoli
4.Ian Gough
3.Chris Horsman
2.Rhys Thomas
1.Duncan Jones

Replacements: Mefin Davies, Adam Jones, Ian Evans, Jonathan Thomas, Michael Phillips, Ceri Sweeney, Lee Byrne

Jackal Dog

Juniors
blackfriday said:
what i find funny is that australia thinks their strength for this game is in their tight five

The Welsh have some good depth in the loosies(R Jones, D Jones, Charvis, Willaims, Thomas and Owen) but apart from that their forward pack ain't got nothing, should be a even game.

aussies1st

Staff member
Phoney MX said:
Wales side:
15.Gareth Thomas(c)
14.Dafydd James
13.Matthew Watkins
12.Sonny Parker
11.Shane Williams
10.Stephen Jones
9.Gareth Cooper
8.Michael Owen
7.Martyn Williams
6.Colin Charvis,
5.Rob Sidoli
4.Ian Gough
3.Chris Horsman
2.Rhys Thomas
1.Duncan Jones

Replacements: Mefin Davies, Adam Jones, Ian Evans, Jonathan Thomas, Michael Phillips, Ceri Sweeney, Lee Byrne

Ian Gough hes a new name. And I see Brent Cockbain isn't there anymore.

kay

Juniors
Phoney MX said:
Wales side:
15.Gareth Thomas(c)
14.Dafydd James
13.Matthew Watkins
12.Sonny Parker
11.Shane Williams
10.Stephen Jones
9.Gareth Cooper
8.Michael Owen
7.Martyn Williams
6.Colin Charvis,
5.Rob Sidoli
4.Ian Gough
3.Chris Horsman
2.Rhys Thomas
1.Duncan Jones

aww I was looking forward to watching Gavin Henson. is he still injured?

aussies1st

Staff member
Dam it Dunning is back. What on earth Jones sees in him I will never know. SACK Eddie NOW!

Australia: 15 Chris Latham, 14 Mark Gerrard, 13 Lote Tuqiri, 12 Morgan Turinui, 11 Drew Mitchell, 10 Mat Rogers, 9 George Gregan (capt), 8 George Smith, 7 Phil Waugh, 6 John Roe, 5 Nathan Sharpe, 4 Hugh McMeniman, 3 David Fitter, 2 Brendan Cannon, 1 Matt Dunning.
Replacements: 16 Tatafu Polota-Nau, 17 Al Baxter, 18 Mark Chisholm, 19 Scott Fava, 20 Chris Whitaker, 21 Lloyd Johansson, 22 Wendell Sailor.

lockyno1

Post Whore
What did Henjak do wrong, and WTF is Dunning back! I know this is un-Australian but I am very tempted to go for Wales! This team sucks!

disco1

Juniors
Nice to see my team winning a quality game today. Good result for a team missing 6 key players. I thought the only aussies to cause really problems were Tuqiri and Smith, Smith just seems to get to every breakdown before any supporting player.

Your regional and national coaches really need to get to grips with the front 5 style of play. The Wallabies will have a torrid few season against the Saffers and Kiwis since they have raised their forwards game.

Hopefully we can get this mess sorted before the World Cup. I don't want to think about what might happen to the sheep if NZ end up beating us at both codes.

Jackal Dog

Juniors
What a great game! I'm over all the crap, as far as I am concerned Wales did us a favour! surely Eddie and Geore are gooorrrrn!!!

Anyway, great to see one of the Britist nations play some positive rugby, that Shane Williams try was as good as anything I have seen this year. Wales could be a real force come 07 I can think of at least half a dozen players that were missing from the side tonight so it shows they have good pretty good depth and the majority of the squad are still very young.

And that penalty try.... Matt Dunning, Brendan Cannon, cya later!

Latest posts