What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aussie Supporters Bay

DlEHARD

Juniors
I wanted to create a thread for discussion about the Aussie Supporters Bays

I'll be flying to the Sydney game against Lebanon and sitting in the bay and I'm currently talking to RLWC2017 about any release for the Semi and Final in Brisbane where I live.

Currently there are still tickets available in the bay for next week's game against Lebanon.

Tickets here: http://au.tickets.rlwc2017.com/shows/show.aspx?sh=RLWC1317

As internationalists, one of the first and easiest things we can do is getting really good and colourful support behind the Kangaroos to support and build the brand and to create unique atmosphere.

Perth Red

Post Whore
It's a shame there wasn't more effort put into creating supporter specific bays in both cheap seats and good seats at each venue.

cleary89

Coach
At least they are doing the flags like they did at the grand final. Apparently expecting the lebanese drums for both sydney games.

DlEHARD

Juniors
It's a shame there wasn't more effort put into creating supporter specific bays in both cheap seats and good seats at each venue.

Yea it's pretty frustrating. The tickets are too expensive and that stops recruitment.

The thing about these supporter areas is that there needs to be continuity and engagement with existing supporter groups. But if we develop these networks, on a city by city basis, we can make a go of this.

I'm Brisbane based. And a friend of mind runs the Storm Active Supporters (SAS), so that's a base at least.

This week I will try to reach out to NRL supporter groups in SEQLD and invite them to participate in possible Semi and Final appearances. And develop some kind of mailing list, which ticketing details can be sent out as soon as they are confirmed.

DlEHARD

Juniors
At least they are doing the flags like they did at the grand final. Apparently expecting the lebanese drums for both sydney games.

Should be a great atmosphere!

I'm taking this...

67437_449506534164_7264636_n.jpg

DlEHARD

Juniors
Just booked my flights from BNE to SYD. Hope to catch up with some of you next weekend.

langpark

First Grade
Any chance one of the teams will wear an away strip or will we have to endure yet another kit clash?

DlEHARD

Juniors
Do Lebanon have an alternative kit?

On another matter, damn Im guttered the Kangaroos training jersey doesnt look like its for sale. I went to the Canterbury Store in Brisbane and nothing...

I sat in an Aussie Supporter bay at AAMI Park for the opening game. On game day there was absolutely nothing that differentiated this from any other part of the ground

DlEHARD

Juniors
I sat in an Aussie Supporter bay at AAMI Park for the opening game. On game day there was absolutely nothing that differentiated this from any other part of the ground

Hence the need to try to organise such support, which is grassroots and requires planning. I'll be bringing my flag and Ill be trying to get some chants happening.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Even I was braving the rain that day in 2010. I might be there this Saturday. Not fussed on the weather.

DlEHARD

Juniors
Even I was braving the rain that day in 2010. I might be there this Saturday. Not fussed on the weather.

Haha yea it was a bit rough. PNG have come a long way since that game.

It'd be great to catch up if you make it.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Everyone in the euro fans stand at nib is getting a flag of their chosen country on Sunday.

DlEHARD

Juniors
Everyone in the euro fans stand at nib is getting a flag of their chosen country on Sunday.

Yea with the Aussie Supporter Bay...

Supporter Bay
Purchase a ticket in the supporter bay to get behind your country and receive a supporter flag with your ticket. Customers who buy into these bays will be contacted prior to the event with details on where to collect their flag on game day. Note that not all matches have Supporter Bays.
http://au.tickets.rlwc2017.com/
But we still need people rolling out in colours. But it's something at least.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yea with the Aussie Supporter Bay...

Supporter Bay
Purchase a ticket in the supporter bay to get behind your country and receive a supporter flag with your ticket. Customers who buy into these bays will be contacted prior to the event with details on where to collect their flag on game day. Note that not all matches have Supporter Bays.
http://au.tickets.rlwc2017.com/
But we still need people rolling out in colours. But it's something at least.

Well I guess if they had a decent range of Merch for sale at the ground you'd see more country colours!

deal.with.it

Juniors
The idea of creating a mailing list is fantastic. Then you can build some character that other events like Aus Open have with their Aus supporter groups... forever being shown on tv.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Haha yea it was a bit rough. PNG have come a long way since that game.

It'd be great to catch up if you make it.

I thought they were alright in that game. 42-0 seems like a flogging but really gave it to us in some plays. If they had the same team as last week might've been a bit closer.

I'm trying to convince this other mate to go. Got the cheapest tickets on the dead ball line but I don't care where I sit.

ouwet

Bench
Lebanese supporter bay is single seats only!

Last weekend at 7pm merchandise was sold out for Lebanon at the ground... Let's hope they stock up this weekend, so many people walked out of the shop with nothing because of it.

DlEHARD

Juniors
The idea of creating a mailing list is fantastic. Then you can build some character that other events like Aus Open have with their Aus supporter groups... forever being shown on tv.

Absolutely! And we can do it we just need to organise and be consistent.

Some of the killer issues are, so often the supporter bays are not even available at the time of ticket sales launch. And as we are experiencing with the RLWC, very expensive tickets.

But if you care about international rugby league, let's embrace the Kangaroos and try and convert and educate NRL fans to international RL.

#SEQLD For those fans interested in joining us at any Semi Final or Final in Brisbane.

Please sign up to this mailing list and we will be able to email you when the fixtures are settled and tickets for the Aussie Supporter Bays are released.

Click here: http://eepurl.com/c97mQT