What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aussies and Poms still losers

Usain Bolt

Bench
Australians bigger Olympic losers than us

The Australians have won more Olympic gold medals than us, but they are also the bigger losers.
The Wall Street Journal has put together an "other medal table" which tallies countries that have had the most last-place finishes (lead), second-to-last (tin) and third-to-last (zinc).
At the top of the list was Great Britain with eight lead medals, 11 tin and 12 zinc, followed by Ukraine and Australia.
If there was a medal for last place, the Aussies have taken home four. They would also have 10 tin medals and six zinc.
New Zealand ranks 20th on the list, with only two lead medals, three tin and five zinc for a total of 10 medals.
But on the actual gold-medal tally, Australia ranks 10th with six golds and New Zealand is in 18th place with three - showing both countries win more than they lose.
To qualify for the Journal's "other medal tally", the athlete or team needed to complete the entire event.

The other Medal Table:
Top 10 Lead Tin Zinc
Great Britain 8 11 12
Ukraine 11 5 7
Australia 4 10 6
Egypt 11 6 2
Canada 5 5 8
USA 6 6 6
Argentina 3 6 8
South Korea 6 8 3
Brazil 7 2 6
Italy 6 4 5
http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/olympics/7452064/Australians-bigger-Olympic-losers-than-us

:lol::lol::lol::lol: HOW DOES IT FEEL LOSERS?

Didgi

I think this could be the worst thread ever seen on this site, and easily the most laughable article I've seen in a long, long time.

weasel

First Grade
Curiously when I was reading this article my inner monologue switched to a New Zealand accent. Suddenly I was hearing 'lead' as 'lid in my mind.

Anyway, it's no surprise that GB is up the top with last place finishes; remember that the host nation gets to enter a competitor in every event, even ones where the country might otherwise not have been able to qualify anyone, so GB were inevitably going to see some last place finishes.

Some of these other countries, USA and Australia too have pretty big squads in comparison to other nations, so this would probably lead them to raking up more last places as well.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Troll_fail.jpg

Danish

Referee
This thread is like bunniesman puffing out his chest last year about coming 2nd best of the bottom of the 8 sides

Valheru

Coach
What the article failed to mention was the abject failure by NZ to even qualify in most of the olympic events.

Latest posts