What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australia continue war of words with pryce!

JJ

Immortal
Tommy Smith said:
LOL

God knows i have heard plenty of sh!t about how England is a dump blah blah blah. My response? Fair enough, thats your opinion.

Tommy. Tommy. Tommy, you have to brush up on the difference between "opinions" and "facts"

Stating that England is a dump is not an opinion - it is a fact. It is a cold dreary sh*thole full of f**king whinging Poms.

For your future reference, the following are also facts:
1. The England cricket team is sh*t.
2. The Great Britain league team is incompetent.
3. The English union team is a bunch of toffy nosed gits with no talent, but flash accents and cars.
4. The English football team are perpetual losers..

Got the point?:sarcasm:

ali

Bench
JJ said:
Tommy. Tommy. Tommy, you have to brush up on the difference between "opinions" and "facts"

Stating that England is a dump is not an opinion - it is a fact. It is a cold dreary sh*thole full of f**king whinging Poms.

3. The English union team is a bunch of toffy nosed gits with no talent, but flash accents and cars.

As an Aussie I tend to agree with British Rugby League fans, in that there is far more whinging from Aussie fans than poms. I also go on totalrl.com, and i can tell you that there is far more whinging on here.

I also think that some of the pommie bashing in taken a bit too far. Most of it isn't even funny. Tommy Raudonikis's article was a waste of space.

I've been to England 3 times, and despite the weather being mostly sh*te, the people are great. Fantastic senses of humour, which I guess comes from having to put up with their surroundings. But most of the towns I went to were nice.

Now for my own whinge, I'm sick of Aussie Rl fans thinking the British comp is sh*t just because it's not up to the NRL's standard. Appreciate that it is still a decent standard of Rugby League, why does it have to be as good as the NRL?

I don't blame Pryce for his outburst. Some of it was silly, but if the general attitude of RL fans on here is similar to what Pryce is getting whilst in Sydney, then good on him for speaking out.

The arrogrant lack of respect and pommy bashing from some RL types is rude and bordering on racism. Good on Leon I say!

THEY ARE OUR GUESTS HERE. WHERE IS THE HOSPITALITY?

PRIDEOFLIONS

Juniors
JJ said:

Very eloquent. In response.

1) England hold the Ashes. Every member of the Australian team said afterwards that they were fairly and soundly beaten by the better team. Even Ponting!
2) GB are not as pacey and skillful as the Aus outfit who look like they will win the competition, but please judge this GB team at the end of the series.
3) England are World Champions as claimed on Australian soil against...erm..Australia
4) Incorrect. England in statistical terms have a very good won-lost record and also a reasonable tourament record compared to the majority of International teams. But expectancy is high here and people often feel let down. Australia by contrast qualify against some of the weakest teams in world football (pan-pacific teenagers), the strongest by far being Uraguay. But thats not their fault and the sport is still developing there.

If England is so sh*te you should speak to the hundreds of thousands of Aussies who come here to live and work and ask them why they do it? Is it because they hate the sunshine? The barbies? The beaches? The relaxed way of life? I have spoken to many over the years and they usually give me two reasons:

1) They want to travel to learn and expand their horizons and find out about other cultures, history and people.

2) They want to get away from people like you. They believe that loud mouth, arrogant, morons permiate all levels of Australian culture. The Media, Goverment and especially the sporting arena. These people love their sport and are patriotic but they are embarrassed by you JJ. And all the JJ clones

JJ

Immortal
:LOL:

I'm a kiwi - who Tommy enjoys baiting - that was an (admittedly feeble) attempt to bait him, but I see I landed others... That's an average rant, do you feel better?

oh well - I did use the sarascm smilie :sarcasm:

Azkatro

First Grade
Tommy Smith said:
LOL

Hit a nerve is an understatement. Terry Hill and co should just relax and cop Leon's opinion on the chin. God knows i have heard plenty of sh!t about how England is a dump blah blah blah. My response? Fair enough, thats your opinion. Im happy with myself about how i feel about England. Its a place full of wonderful people and great places to visit. Hence the unknowledgeable opinion of a few Aussies doesnt bother me.

If tezza and co felt the same then they shouldnt feel the need to get so defensive. And btw, Blackpool does sh!t on Bondi. So much more to do. The northern beaches on the other hand are beautfiul as ofcourse is QLD.
I agree, if it wasn't for England then I would find comedy and music completely boring. But you lads are sh*t at sport these days!

Geordie

Juniors
Azkatro said:
I agree, if it wasn't for England then I would find comedy and music completely boring. But you lads are sh*t at sport these days!

Not quite as sh*t as Aussie is with television. Now that is BORING.

JJ

Immortal
Sing with me people....

NEIGHBOURS, everybody needs good NEIGHBOURS

:lol: :lol:

JJ

Immortal
dunno about that, but Craig MacLaughlin is the funniest comedian I've seen in a long time

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Nook said:
Nathan Hindmarsh proud of the fact he doesn't know who Leon Price is?

The Kangaroos, arrogant? No!

Can you please show me where Hindmarsh has said he is proud of the fact he doesn't know who Leon Pryce is? The article even says Hindmarsh admitted to not knowing who Pryce is.

You, an idiot? No!

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Geordie said:
Not quite as sh*t as Aussie is with television. Now that is BORING.

If television is your idea of entertainment, then you can have that one. Television is a medium for sport, that is all.

deluded pom?

Coach
Geordie said:
Isn't Hindmarsh English? His mother is a Scot.

Christ, who are we arguing with here ? They don't even know the difference between the Jocks, Micks,Taffs and the wonderful English people!

PRIDEOFLIONS

Juniors
JJ said:
:lol:

I'm a kiwi - who Tommy enjoys baiting - that was an (admittedly feeble) attempt to bait him, but I see I landed others... That's an average rant, do you feel better?

oh well - I did use the sarascm smilie :sarcasm:

Then you got me JJ. Hook, line and sinker.

Nice one.:iwstupid:

Bob8

Juniors
ali said:
As an Aussie I tend to agree with British Rugby League fans, in that there is far more whinging from Aussie fans than poms. I also go on totalrl.com, and i can tell you that there is far more whinging on here.

I also think that some of the pommie bashing in taken a bit too far. Most of it isn't even funny. Tommy Raudonikis's article was a waste of space.

I've been to England 3 times, and despite the weather being mostly sh*te, the people are great. Fantastic senses of humour, which I guess comes from having to put up with their surroundings. But most of the towns I went to were nice.

Now for my own whinge, I'm sick of Aussie Rl fans thinking the British comp is sh*t just because it's not up to the NRL's standard. Appreciate that it is still a decent standard of Rugby League, why does it have to be as good as the NRL?

I don't blame Pryce for his outburst. Some of it was silly, but if the general attitude of RL fans on here is similar to what Pryce is getting whilst in Sydney, then good on him for speaking out.

The arrogrant lack of respect and pommy bashing from some RL types is rude and bordering on racism. Good on Leon I say!

THEY ARE OUR GUESTS HERE. WHERE IS THE HOSPITALITY?

I am glad you had a good time in Britain. For myself I visited New South Wales for the first time last year, and encountered great hospitality. This included Newcastle Knights introducing me to the team to enable me to promote my amateur club back in England.

Initially I had been very wary of how it would be, as many Australians in England present a very bad impression of their homeland. Frankly the majority are obnoxious. However, it seems you have adopted the wise tactic of exporting all your w@nkers. My impression is that we have a similar policy of exporting many of our spoilt children to Oz.

I am impressed my all the pie shops you lot have, top work!:cool:

nqboy

First Grade
PRIDEOFLIONS said:
If England is so sh*te you should speak to the hundreds of thousands of Aussies who come here to live and work and ask them why they do it? Is it because they hate the sunshine? The barbies? The beaches? The relaxed way of life? I have spoken to many over the years and they usually give me two reasons:

1) They want to travel to learn and expand their horizons and find out about other cultures, history and people.

2) They want to get away from people like you. They believe that loud mouth, arrogant, morons permiate all levels of Australian culture. The Media, Goverment and especially the sporting arena. These people love their sport and are patriotic but they are embarrassed by you JJ. And all the JJ clones
That and the strength of the pound I suppose. Funny, most poms I know out here reckon this is the life and tell me of friends and family lining up for visas to come out here and escape the sh*thole they live in.

nqboy

First Grade
deluded pom? said:
Christ, who are we arguing with here ? They don't even know the difference between the Jocks, Micks,Taffs and the wonderful English people!
Particularly ironic that it is posted by "Geordie".