What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australia V Greece

lockyno1

Post Whore
Thank goodness at least Kalak is playing! Now he can cement the no1 jersey for the World Cup! Good selection Guus!

BWNB

First Grade
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
GREECEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
:crazy: EURO CHAMPIONS :crazy:

Misanthrope

Staff member
Nice start from Australia, we're playing all over them in the midfield and up front. Our backs are more than holding their own, and we're unlucky not to be up by more given our chances.

Dunno

Juniors
Greece have been really poor so far, haven't looked like scoring. I think Viduka has been great for us has been holding up the ball well

Misanthrope

Staff member
Solid performance by the understrength Socceroos. Our second half performance was well down on our first, but it was a good outing against a defensively solid side. I think Mile played very well; as did Skoko, Neill, Viduka, and Bresciano.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
is it just me or is this game a bit of a snooze

Greece have got nuthin'

Misanthrope

Staff member
is it just me or is this game a bit of a snooze

They're a defensively oriented side, certainly. I think the friendly was perfect for us, as it made us work against a side with solid defence (apparently). The next friendly against the Netherlands will make us combat a side with plenty of attacking prowess.

camsmith

Juniors
Bring on the WORLD CUP!

Dont think the MCG is good for playing football (soccer) camera angle was crap aswell.

A solid win, no injuries and thats the key.

choc_soldier

Coach
I must admit that I did start losing a bit of interest in the second half. But we were the better team (created more chances at goal) and definitely deserved the win.

Happy that the Aussies pulled through with no injuries.

Bring on the Dutch!

domdom

Juniors
first half performance was great. we were all over them. second half seem to just fizzle out.

good to get a win over the euro champions though. also good to see a packed mcg.

while i'm on the subject - HOW BAD WAS THE PITCH!!!?? it was pretty shocking to expect an international to be played on a potato patch like that. you could see players stumbling and low passes bobbling out of control....made a boring match even worse!

mcg people should hang their heads in shame.

Fin077

Juniors
As a few have said, great to get a win over the Euro champs, but it seems like they were only here for a holiday.

They gave us so much room to work with in the first half and only really started to pressure us a little in the second.

As one of the commentators said last night, wait until we come up against the Dutch. They'll be up in our faces and wont give us the same room and time the Greeks did last night.

If we can win our next game then I'll really be impressed, but well done to the Socceroo's!

fish eel

Immortal
at the end of the day, the performance is more important than the result.

It was a newish formation, with some guys who had never had much of a run under Hiddink like Skoko and Sterjovski getting game time. Created plenty of chances and there is a good platform to build on.

Fin077

Juniors
There were planty of chances weren't there. It's promising and hopefully they can start to put a few of those chances in the back of the net.

Latest posts