What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australia V Sri Lanka, 4th ODI.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Twizzle said:
Clarke is on the way up and Bevan is on his way out.

The stats wont tell you that, you have to study the game more closely.

I'd say there's nothing wrong with either.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
He sure did.

The only problem wiyth being a walker, is that you can be given out by an ump, when you did not hit it, but you cant say, "I did hit and and I'm a walker, so I'm gonna stay".

Iafeta

Referee
You have to admire Gilchrist. Off the field also he seems like a nice bloke. I know Wasim Akram said he didn't like walkers for that very reason Twizzle, and also the reason they might not go in a crunch situation. Gillie did go in one in Africa so you'd have to back him.

On Bevan, he does look out of knick, but his record speaks for itself. I hear he has a groin injury which would take away all those short single options of his.

Martyn on the other hand is just having one of those runs. I think he's an excellent batsmen, just having a streak you just can't get out of. Sometimes the best thing is to take time out and re-evaluate. Craig McMillan was dropped from the Black Caps after a similar run after being probably our top test batsmen, he came back and thumped truckloads of runs in a test series in India - I'd apply the same thing to Martyn, give him a break out of the side and see how he comes back.

aqua_duck

Coach
The way Symonds has turned around his form since that 140* against pakistan last year is amazing, before that knock he was sturggling to make the aussie team and probably shouldn't have made it, since that knock he's played so well, so versatile, can consolidate an innings with a patient hal;f century if required and however can be devastating when called upon to pinch hit, his fielding would also be worth 10 extra runs each innings.