What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australia V Sri Lanka, First Test.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Starts a t 3:30 PM today.

Australian team not announced yet.

In and interview Matty Hayden said there was not a blade of grass on the wicket, so its a real turner.

Australia will probably play two leggies and 2 quicks, Lee, Kasper and Williams all bowl good reverse swing, which will be important on this wicket. But I think our attack will be Dizzy and Kasper/Williams, as they may hold Lee back for the second test match.

We should know in the next hour or so.

tigermite

Juniors
Australia has won the toss and elected to bat, but I still don't know the side that has been selected....

Tigertread

Juniors
Ricky Ponting (c), Adam Gilchrist (v-c), Matthew Hayden, Justin Langer, Damien Martyn, Darren Lehmann, Andrew Symonds, Shane Warne, Michael Kasprowicz, Jason Gillespie, Stuart MacGill, with Katich 12th man.

CyberKev

Staff member
Martyn stays (bugger it!)

Lehman, Symonds, Kasper & Warne all in...

Katich misses out...

CyberKev

CyberKev

Staff member
:oops: Sorry TigerTread... Only missed by seconds... God I hate being second to the ball when you can't delete your own posts #-o

CyberKev

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Not happy, Katich gets dropped after scoring 120 and 77 not out in his last test, what a joke. :x

Good thing for Symonds, who makes his test debut. Well done.

MArtyn better do something otherwise he should get dropped, but its good though, Katich comes in. :D

All the talk has been about how left handers fare better against Murali...and they drop in form Katich for scratchy form at best Martyn?!

Also, on a turning deck, does Katich not give another decent option as a left arm leggy, rather than Martyns half rat power, swnigless medium pacers?? Fielding is similar also...

Strange selection.

Good to see Symonds get a run...hope he makes plenty

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Hayden and Langer batting, Aussies 0-23 off nine overs.

Aussies batting like the wicket is a mine field.

1/31 now

Langer c.Sangakarra b.Dharasena 12

Also would Warnakulasuriya Patabendige Ushantha Joseph Chaminda Vaas & Handunnettige Deepthi Priyantha Kumar Dharmasena be the longest named opening bowling partnership in test cricket history?

If not it would have to be VVS imilar to it.

Anonymous

Juniors
At the end of the Indian series, they were all saying how good a player of spin Katich was now they drop him.

Don't get me wrong I'm happy for Symonds but WTF? Is he involved with Ponting or something?

Katich should feel very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very hard done by.

And for the sake of humanity I won't start on Martyn :x

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
My first observation of the very first difference bewteen Ponting and Waugh as captain. The way they view Andrew Symonds talent.
Ponting is on record as saying he pushed for Symonds to get a WC berth. S Waugh rarely used him when he was ODI captain - he is a regular under Ponting. Symonds repaid Ponting well.
Ponting's first test as captain, Symonds gets his test debut.

The real shame - niether Waugh nor Ponting rate Bevo as a test man. :(

* Yes oswin I do recognize that there are selectors involved also * ;-)

Man do I feel for Katich - I would be pissed.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Punter said on an interview this morning, that he is very loyal to long term members of the team, that have done so well over the years.

This was a reference to Martyn's and Lehman's upcoming selection.

At some stage these guys will be out of form (as Martyn currently is), surley we don't have to wait until Martyn retires, before some one will replace him.

Wake up selectors.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Punter said on an interview this morning, that he is very loyal to long term members of the team, that have done so well over the years.

At some stage these guys will be out of form (as Martyn currently is), surley we don't have to wait until Martyn retires, before some one will replace him.

Wake up selectors.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

And for all you stat men, please refer Katich's and Martyn's last 6 innings.

Wake up selectors.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

And for all you stat men, please refer Katich's and Martyn's last 6 or 8 innings.

Wake up selectors.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

And for all you stat men, please refer Katich's and Martyn's last 6 or 8 innings.

Wake up selectors.