What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australia vs Wales on 10

Coastbloke

Bench
Hey all,

There was a quick report on the future of Craig Wing last night on Sports Tonight..

They showed a clip of a match between the Kangaroos and Wales.

Did anyone see it, and what match was it. It didn't look like the 2000 semi, I'm think the 2003 match at Bridgend...??

Anyway it was a nice surprise to at least see some footage, even if the ground looked empty. I believe the crowds was about 3,500

langpark

First Grade
I didn't see that last nite, but i remember highlights of the match at the time. I wish these types of matches were televised. It'd be great exposure for some possible untapped talent, and it's always nice to see a new team and new part of the world.

langpark

First Grade
The Electric Horseman said:
:? Wales and New Zealand played the first ever touring rugby league international on January 1st 1908.
sigh.

I mean a place and a team we don't often get to see on TV.

Would have to have been in 2003 when Australia played Wales at Bridgend. That's the only time we've played them since 2000.

Coastbloke

Bench
June 14 1975

SCG

Australia 30 def Wales 13

Crowd - 25,386

Referee - F Escande (France)

Why the hell are we going backwards.........!!

The Welsh sides over the years have been strong because there was always so many Welshman playing for northern clubs. Problem was the RFL never put any effort into developing the game in Wales itself until the '90s so there was no junior or amateur league, they relied on union converts. Then in '95 union went fully (and openly) professional and that was the end of the Welsh exodus to league. Only now is the RFL and the new Cymru RL doing the hard yards in Wales.

brendothejet

First Grade
That match was televised live on foxtel

i remember getting up early to watch it in the hope of a welsh upset.

64-4 was the final score i believ.

Latest posts