What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australian Schoolboys tour of England

grouch

First Grade
Aussie boys defeated by England this morning 14 - 8
And a couple of months ago at Under 19 level, France defeated England!

The young French and English players are just as good as Aus/NZ/Pacific young players... but they just don't seem to progress as well . Hopefully that changes

denis preston

First Grade
OSD
He about 6' 6 he has some pace.
Be interesting to see how he goes this year.

I think you can be too tall for NRL , particularly as a outside back, so it would be difficult to be "zippy " when you have to shift that body .Mind you it didn't hinder Paul Hauff until his body & mind gave him away.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
I think you can be too tall for NRL , particularly as a outside back, so it would be difficult to be "zippy " when you have to shift that body .Mind you it didn't hinder Paul Hauff until his body & mind gave him away.

Dennis true.
If he continues to grow and his body fills out ge may be a backrower in the future imo.
But cory oates is 6 4 and tupou the same.
So you never know

Walter sobchak

First Grade
And a couple of months ago at Under 19 level, France defeated England!

The young French and English players are just as good as Aus/NZ/Pacific young players... but they just don't seem to progress as well . Hopefully that changes
Poor coaching and poor standard of competition. Especially for the French kids playing in elite1.

Drakon

Juniors
Here's the First Test Australian v England Schoolboys for those interested in watching:-

A couple of soft tries to England but they won nevertheless.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Geez i thought we would romp it in , are the English that good, are they becoming the new Powerhouse in league??