What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australian Side Announced

Mr Saab

Referee
dazza62 said:
There is your quote saab......Explain how cutie earnt his test jersey before the 2 fullbacks from the previous GF One of them in sensational form..?

See post 186 and CC your whinge to Ricky Stuart and the selectors.

The_Savage_1

Juniors
hmm tate is rewarded for loyalty and omeley isnt?!?

my team for the record...

01 Matt BOWEN
02 Nathan MERRITT
03 Jamie LYON
04 Justin HODGES
05 Matt KING
06 Darren LOCKYER (c)
07 Johnathan THURSTON*
08 Steve PRICE
09 Cameron SMITH
10 Petero CIVONICEVA
11 Willie MASON
12 Nathan HINDMARSH
13 Andrew RYAN

14 Luke BAILEY
15 Ryan HOFFMAN
16 Mark O'MELEY
17 Brent KITE

inglis in for lyon would have been nice.

ShineDog

Juniors
Is this a joke??
Do Australian selectors want to lose the test??
What kind of form have Hunt/Tate been in?????

Where the hell is O'MELEY!!!!

Penance said:
1. Kar-michael Hunt
2. Brent Tate (wtf?)
3. Jamie Lyon
4. Justin Hodges
5. Matt King
6. Darren Lockyer
7. Johnthan Thurston
8. Brent Kite
9. Cameron Smith
10.Petro 70 cents a litre
11. Willie Mason
12. Nathan Hindmarsh
13. Andrew Ryan

14. Luke Bailey
15. Shaun Berrigan
16. Steve Simpson
17. Anthony Tupou
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

CharlieF

Juniors
Azkatro said:
That's where I think you're disillusioned. The selectors job is not to satisfy a minority of supporters who like to have a whinge. Their job is to pick the best side for the job in order to get a win.

Yeah, its a hard job to choose the best team in the whole wide world. Like they need to compete against 1, maybe 2 teams. They can select from the best players in the world and still got it wrong and lost a test in 2005. How do you lose a test series when there is no competition to play against.

Big Pete

Referee
Alrightyyyyyyy, wow sooo much whining.

Ok lets look over this shall we.

Tate - On form should not be anywhere near the team, most of Brisbane agree's with this outrage. However the wing spot was always going to be hard to pick. All the form wingers have a flaw to them, whether it be inexperience or defensive or the fact that Stuart seems to have selected players who have represented him well in the past. The only players I could imagine could of taken Tates jersey would be, Luke Rooney who's been in fine form although he hasn't scored a try. El Masiri who apart from Saturday has been in reasonable form. Also possibly Grothe jr and Tahu due to how they tend to go in the Represenative arena, however due to injury clouds surrounding them I guess they didn't get selected.

Lyon - Hasn't found any real form and has just been solid, would've gone for Cooper ahead of him to be honest.

Tupou - He's in better form than he was in last year, of course he is going to get picked. He also has good impact off the bench and can play Front Row and Back Row, handy.

The ommisions of:

Bowen: I've already posted this however, Stuart was always going to stick with the winning Lockyer/Hunt formula in Rep. Level. It's a safer bet than going for the likes of Bowen. Should he been ahead of Berrigan? Possibly, however Berrigan can cover more positions and has the advantage of being more familiar with the line up than Bowen is. Bowen is terribly unlucky to miss out I agree but who knows how he would've gone if he got selected?

2006: Why was Hunt selected over Bowen? It was a major risk to choose Hunt and I for one didn't support the move. He only got in due to the fact, Mini and Hodgeson were injured as well as Slater being suspended and a poor showing by Bowen in his teams clash against the Roosters. Bowen showed no confidence in taking bombs in that game and obviously Stuart didn't find that ideal for his side. The only other option would've been Hornby, however to repeat myself for the 100th time, Stuart must of chosen Hunt for his potential and combination with Hunt. The move proved to be succesful up until Hunt was taken out 50 minutes into the match.

Steve Price: I don't agree with his ommission at all. Should've been starting alongside Petero with Kite on the bench. However I guess his poor showing in his last International match must of justified why he isn't being selected as well as his age. Can't have two 30 year old props in an Aus team can ya?

O'Meley: Haha, poor Shinedog. :p

gottabegood

Juniors
TUPOU = awesome footballer.

He makes other forwards look like second grade one trick donkeys. If you can't see that, then I would fear for your vision of what the game should be like. He would easily be one of my first choice players. Unfortunately for him, like a player like Peachey, players around him are just a little "challenged" to take advantage.

gregstar

Referee
whilst he certainly hasn't set the world on fire this year, in fact it's more like a slight lighting of a fart, cooper is the best left centre in the nrl.

however he has only himself & hornby/williams to blame.

he has seen bugger all ball & should have gone looking for work.

Mr Saab said:
And they never will, and i know they dont care. They are there to do a job and select a team.
They pick it strictly on form only and fans go off and say "Player x makes 41 tackles a game and 150m a game....player y only makes 34 tackles and 130m per game....why was player y picked" blah blah blah.
They have done the incumbency thing for decades and every yr people whinge.

Hey idiot man SAAB, either you pick a team on incumbency, or you pick on form, you cannot do both. There is so much conjecture on this thread because picking on incumbency is WRONG!! Playing for your country is a privilege (and Aus is not Hunt's country), it is something you have to earn every time you step onto the field for your country. You don't keep your jersey until you 'play badly enough' to lose it. And 6 Broncos in the Aus team, from a club team that has won only one game out of 5 (and that was against maybe the worst First Grade team in 40 years), suggests that Stuart, at least has nothing against the Broncos.

Moron.

Stewie Griffin

Juniors
As a broncos fan, i believe that Tate should of been no where near the test jersey. With the form he is in now, he wouldn't even be in the QLD cup. But players that have been represented before and have done the task beforehand are a bit less prone to stuff ups and massive emotional anxiety when they put on the jersey.

For the record, i don't want tate to be there, but he is, so lets just frown and wait.:D

Mr Saab

Referee
I am not the person with the name "sack the refs and media"....yeah, how long did it take you to think of that one?

I am a realist and was not shocked that this team was picked, not in the slightest....but it seems the majoiry of you morons live in a bubble and have NFI how it works.

Dont start with this "this is not hunts country crap".....is it Kostya Tszyus country? He was not born here, hardly spoke a word of english when he came here, yet as Australia is the land of opportunity, we gave him and many other people an opportunity to make a better life for themelves and he proudly represented this country and i assume 99% of people took to him.

Ohhhhhhhh but its different cause its Hunt and its Rugby League right?

Moron

How did O'Meley and Inglis miss out?
Jamie Lyon? are they serious? He'll most likely leave the squad coz the training will be in the city he'll miss the bush.
Tate had a shocker on friday night and has been out of form all season.

borat

Bench
All this whinging and moaning about the selectors. Blah Blah Blah. Seriously you whiners need to smack yourself around the head and drink a big cup of reality.

Look at the facts, when was the last time we lost an Anzac Day Test. The selectors pick a team to win, END OF STORY. Its not a prize for stringing together 5 games farkwits, yes I am talking to you Sack the Refs.

Greg Bird - lmfao . 5 good games some how make up for the last 5 years of shyteness. Up until this year the guy was just a benchie and give it 2-3 weeks thats where he will again be.

Nathan Merritt - See Greg Bird

Matt Bowen - Good player but Seriously wanting in the big games. Got dropped from Origin for the same reason. Face it, the guy will never be Aust fullback until he can win back a Qld jersey and perform.

It was only ever going to be cutie or Mini for fullback. Thats the reality. Stewart or Gidley need to concentrate on playing City Country before anything else

O'Meley & Price - well how many props did u want in the team. Personally I wouldn't have had Kite in there but by all accounts he has been on fire so fair enough. O'Meley certainly hasn't been playing his best.

Steve Simpson - Has been there and proven himself time and time again plus he is versatile, can play 2nd row and front row. Thats why he is there, build a bridge.

Lyon & Tate - Not in my test teams but proven at state and International level so hardly a revelation they are there.

And Last of all for all the numbnuts going on about Berrigan, you have got to be kidding. The guy was the best hooker in the comp last year, one of the main reasons the Broncos win the comp and forces his way into the test team and performs. Wake up, just cause the Broncos get beaten in a few games at the start of the year doesn't mean jack. You don't win the premiership in April f**king.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
If he wasn't happily married and a good christian, I'd assume that Steve Price had f**ked Ricky Stuart's wife or something. Bloody hell ,he made 270 metres today and makes 150+ pretty much every week, scores tries, constantly pressures the kicker, captains his (top 8) side, and can't even make the bench. WTF?!

borat said:
All this whinging and moaning about the selectors. Blah Blah Blah. Seriously you whiners need to smack yourself around the head and drink a big cup of reality.

Look at the facts, when was the last time we lost an Anzac Day Test. The selectors pick a team to win, END OF STORY. Its not a prize for stringing together 5 games farkwits,

Matt Bowen - Good player but Seriously wanting in the big games. Got dropped from Origin for the same reason. Face it, the guy will never be Aust fullback until he can win back a Qld jersey and perform.

And Last of all for all the numbnuts going on about Berrigan, you have got to be kidding. The guy was the best hooker in the comp last year, one of the main reasons the Broncos win the comp and forces his way into the test team and performs. Wake up, just cause the Broncos get beaten in a few games at the start of the year doesn't mean jack. You don't win the premiership in April f**king.

You are an idiot. The selectors are suppose to be picking the BEST team to win, not just any team, END OF STORY sheetstain. The players I suggested hardly have put together a mere 5 games of good play. Billy Slater played on the wing for QLD when he scored THAT try, and he, Bowen and Minichiello have been the best fullbacks in the league CONSISTENTLY for a period of about 4 years. Hunt got picked at fullback last year when he had played about 4 good games in a row. Congratulations you braindead piece of c**p, wake up yourself. And oh, by the way, Berrigan played what, 15 games max at hooker in the regular season for the Broncs last year, and you've ridiculously anointed him as the best hooker in the comp. Cameron Smith : the Storm lost 4 regular season games all year and then the GF by a small margin and some absurd refereeing decisions. Danny Buderus, sensastional time and again, and Robbie Farah, together with Prince, the only reason the Tigers didn't finish on 0 points. Those 3 players have been the best hookers in the comp for at least 3 years, not a couple of games like your sub-par utility Berrigan. Tahu, yeah he hasn't performed, fool. The rah-rah defence at least has some weight.

If Hunt can't be dropped for Bowen in the Aus team because Bowen can't play in big games, then the same logic applies to the QLD team. Thus Hunt will have the number 1 jersey til he retires. No-one had a worse career start to rep football than Hodges, and yet given another opportunity, he developed into one of the best centres in the world at the moment, and almost equally damaging out of position on the wing or at fullback. One or two bad/average games does not define a career.

Wake up, we are not talking about the Broncos winning the Premiership in April, nor suggest that the Broncs won't get their act together and make the 8, just that most of the team is not playing well NOW. Premierships aren't won in April, but Anzac tests are, so pull your head out of your arse and take off the Broncos-tinted glasses.

andrew057

First Grade
f**k there are alot of whingers, why isnt Cooper there, why isnt Farrah etc. Please STFU. There was never going to be a team that everyone was happy with. In my opinion, I wouldnt have Tate, Topou or Kite in there, but whinging like f**kin school girls on here isnt going to change the selectors minds.

All I know is it will be sweet to see the Aussies beat those Kiwis down again, this time with Sonny and Marhsall.

Latest posts