What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Autumn 2019

I would take the long odds on him coming back on a smaller scale after 4 years.

Providing there are no outrageous criminal charges.

(Kavanough will be his foreman. :wink:)

to_ddeath

Coach
I would take the long odds on him coming back on a smaller scale after 4 years.

Providing there are no outrageous criminal charges.

(Kavanough will be his foreman. :wink:)

Wonder how long the sentence will be for race fixing...not only for Weirdy but for jocks involved.
More than 4?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
prob straight into media. didn`t stop moody
Moody won his appeal, the merkin Stewards gave him 6 months anyway. Not even close to what Weir has gotten up too.

He was happy to take the charges and the 4 years and have the case closed quickly, I wonder what they might of found f they kept pulling on those threads???

Moody won his appeal, the merkin Stewards gave him 6 months anyway. Not even close to what Weir has gotten up too.

He was happy to take the charges and the 4 years and have the case closed quickly, I wonder what they might of found f they kept pulling on those threads???

Or anyone...

Trainers around Australia are having a “spring clean” and giving their snakiest employees a healthy “bonus” to do it.

blaza88z

Coach
I was reading on "jiggers" and how is the advantage gained, obviously it's an electrical shock but if you're like me you too were wondering how exactly does that give an advantage and after reading about it and learning how the advantage is gained, I am left wondering how is it fair that Weir trained horses are allowed to compete (even under a new trainer).

Here's the basics of it, the horse is shocked usually when a saddle is on him/her, blinkers.. a whip might be used as well, well the horse now has it ingrained into it's train of thought that when whipped or blinkers are on or whatever it may be that it will expect to feel that electrical shock, so naturally of course, the horse runs for it's life. It's not like a drug where once the drug is gone from the system the horse is back to playing on a level playing field, it's a mental thing, it's like as a kid if you did something and in reaction to you doing whatever it is you did your parents belted you, you probably wouldn't do it again but if you did, you'd fully expect to be hit. The horse expects to be shocked and that's where the advantage is gained, out of fear the horse moves faster than a usual horse would in that situation, the actual electrical shock does nothing, it's the mental aspect.

How are these horses still able to compete? I will be making a list of which horses were under Weir's care that's for sure.

blaza88z

Coach
Also it turns out the jiggers were in a safe in his bedroom, someone clearly dobbed him in, to walk in demanding to see the contents of a safe is rather significant and that's probably why they needed the police.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
I got a bonus bet of $20 from Ladbrokes yesterday because I had backed a horse that lost to a Weir trained horse.

God forbid Sportsbet does that offer too, I'd need a $10k bonus bet to compensate me

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I got a bonus bet of $20 from Ladbrokes yesterday because I had backed a horse that lost to a Weir trained horse.

God forbid Sportsbet does that offer too, I'd need a $10k bonus bet to compensate me
Ha!! I got 15 from Ladbrokes, I could retire on the Bonus Bet that Sportsbet would give me.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I wonder if I will get a refund of the $1000's I've had on Weirs horses that didn't win... I must have been very good at picking ones that weren't jiggered

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Anyone hear Lee Freedman on Macquarie Sports Radio this morning?

He said he wasn't at all shocked about the situation and he said most people in the industry knew there must have been something dodgy going on. Said he didn't really feel sorry for him at all only for the owners and for people who have been competing against him.

Good to see a bloke speak the truth and not the normal dribble you get.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Anyone hear Lee Freedman on Macquarie Sports Radio this morning?

He said he wasn't at all shocked about the situation and he said most people in the industry knew there must have been something dodgy going on. Said he didn't really feel sorry for him at all only for the owners and for people who have been competing against him.

Good to see a bloke speak the truth and not the normal dribble you get.
Yep someone calling a spade a spade, finally.

Latest posts