What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corbin

Juniors
i need some help with my avatar it seems not to be showing?

sbwsr%20patch.jpg

[furrycat]

Coach
You cannot link files from your computer... You need to host it somewhere on the internet like Photobucket.

ByRd

First Grade
how can i get the Sonny Bill {game version, like furrycats's} as my aviator, ive been tring but cant do it. Any help???

Willow

Assistant Moderator
You paste the image URL into your avatar settings in your profile.

You can see the URL by right clicking on the image and clicking on properties.

That will work but its always preferable to put it on your own web host and link it from there.

Ubsy

Juniors
My picture still doesn't seem to work, even though I have uploaded it to the host.
showimg.jpg

Doctor

Bench
All right -- my turn to ask a question.......

I copy/paste the address of the avatar I want into the little box in 'Profile', but when I click 'submit', instead of taking me to the "your profile has been updated' screen, I'm sent back to the profile screen.

The only difference being that a yellow box, the same width as the profile box, appears above the profile box. No amount of clicking on 'submit' works.

What am I doing wrong?

^ Pando

retired
Your avatar could be above the maximum size requirements. It won't work if you're trying to link from MSN groups either.

Doctor

Bench
^ Pando said:
Your avatar could be above the maximum size requirements. It won't work if you're trying to link from MSN groups either.

How could one know though, if all it does is put me straight back into the 'Profile' page with no explanation and no indication of what went wrong. The size of my image is:

http://images.google.com.au/imgres?...;prev=/images?q=Medieval%2 BKnight&hl=en&lr=[/code]

images

Doctor

Bench
Wow -- now I can't add an image. Theoretically, if I put
around a link, it should show the image. It seems that the avatars are just the beginning.......

:roll:

^ Pando

retired
You were trying to link to the google search page which would be half your problem. Try going to the actual site and linking from there. Your best bet is to copy the image to photobucket.com and host it from there.

I'm pretty sure that you don't need to use the

Doctor

Bench
Alright, it's working now. A few months ago the avatars did work with google links -- this must no longer be the case.

I hadn't realised that photobucket is a requirement of uploading avatars -- now that I do, it seems everything is working well.

Much thanks Pando -- out of about 4 people, you're the first to tell me my problem. :roll:

Cheers